the texts from way back when

both claire and jim sat up on the bed as he reached for it on his desk

jim looked at his phone, 100+ messages from none other than the girl in front of him.

"who's texting?" she asked curiously.

he held of a hand to silence her as he read some of the texts. 

claire<33

i miss you, please come home

please come home, everyone in trollmarket is worried about you

i miss hanging out with you. please hurry back. tell enrique i love him

toby told me you liked me, if you asked i would have gladly gone out with you. when you get back, we're going on a date :)

this is all my fault, if i didn't make that promise you would be here safe.

come back, please

i'm losing hope jim. please come back, i love you.

jim almost screamed when he read the last text. he wanted to kiss her right then and there but thought it would be funny to tease her a little.

"jim, earth to jim" claire said, waving her hand in his face, oblivious to what he just read.

he shook his head, and smiled. "sorry" he answered, giving her a goofy smile.

"who texted?" she asked again.

"i'm just reading texts i got during my time in the darklands" he smirked, "i don't know nunez, something about owing me a date"

she froze in place, blood rushing to her cheeks.

she broke the eye contact, looking down muttering "omg" almost a million times.

crap, he had gone to far.

he placed a hand on her shoulder. "claire, you okay?"

she leap up, "look sorry, you don't have to if you don't want to, you probably are gonna have more important things to do, and why would you want to go on a date,and with me aha you're probably traumatized and i'm rambling and i should go-"

he grabbed her arm before she could leave. 

"nuh uh" he said pulling her back to her position on the bed.

he put his arms on her shoulders, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get her to look him in the eyes.

"shit. claire, i went to far didn't i? i'm sorry. look claire, i've wanted to go on a date with you since forever, i would absolutely love to go on that date with you. if you want to, of course."

she smiled, her cheeks as pink as her shirt. she slowly lifted her head, her eyes, looking into his.

"that would be nice"

he smiled right back.

"i've gotta finish eating, i'll tell them to come see you ok?" she kissed his cheek before running down the stairs.

he placed a hand where her lips had made contact with his cheek, blushing

 god he loved that girl.

{slowly one by one, everyone goes to see jim}

everyone was ecstatic that jim was awake, and slowly everyone went to go see him.

around 9, they all were downstairs playing games, talking and just enjoying that jim was awake and ok.

jim and claire often looked over at each other exchanging smiles.

but eventually it was time for everyone to go.

jim walked over to claire, who was putting a coat on.

"who's picking you up?" he asked. she jumped and quickly laughed

"i'm walking" she answered, slipping on her shoes.

she looked up to see jim putting on a coat

"what are you doing" she asked.

he smiled, "walking you home" 

she rolled her eyes. "no. you are staying here to rest"

"dr. lake, tell jim he needs to stay home and rest" claire yelled 

"mom, i'm walking claire home" he yelled after claire.

barbara laughed, walking upstairs, leaving jim and claire alone.

jim laughed, making claire smile.

"you should laugh more, its cute, i like it"

his face went pink and he smiled like a dork before he grabbed her hand, and pulled her out of the house. 

they walked in the silence for a while. it wasn't uncomfortable, it was kind of nice. she looked down to see them still holding hands and she smiled. 

"you are too nice to me" claire said, breaking the silence.

he laughed, smiling.

"of course"he answered, "i care about you claire"

when they finally arrived at her house, jim let go of her hand, not realizing he'd been holding it the whole time.

"well, night nunez" he said. "will i see you tomorrow?" 

she smiled and gave him a quick hug before laughing. "night jim, see you tomorrow" she said before closing the door.

quickly, jim pulled out his phone looking at the last text claire had sent ever so long ago. 

  claire<33

i'm losing hope jim. please come back, i love you.

 i love you too nunez

more than you will ever know

sent