33

KNIVES

Back on the rooftop, Seonim, Yunho and Wooyoung stood staring at each other in awkwardness until the door opened again, revealing Hongjoong with a sharp, silver knife, "Oh, shit," Seonim whispered

Hongjoong approached her and smirked. His gloved fingers traced the blade of the weapon while staring intensely into her eyes, "I got this new knife, you like it?" He said.

Seonim only shook her head but it was pushed with force to the right as Hongjoong slapped her cheek. Her face, red, implanted with the handprint of the drug leader, "The wrong answer, darling. Now, for your punishment..."

"Wait- What? What punishment? I did not sign up for this," Seonim panicked, her fringes falling in her vision.

"Let's say I'm just testing out my new weapon on you, my darling," He replied, looking at his friends.

Yunho tried to conceal his fear and worry for the girl in the chair, "What the fuck is it with you and these pet names?" The detective sneered, "It's disgusting, I'm taken already,"

"Shut up!" Hongjoong growled, swinging his hand in the air to slap her again. The girl hissed in pain and sighed. The man rolled the sleeves of Seonim's jumper and ran his hand down it. Seonim shivered in revulsion. He places the tip of the blade against her cold skin and slowly dug into it.

Pain entered her arm as blood drew out of the miniature cut. "Tsk, weak..." the leader muttered. Seonim kicked Hongjoong in his private part again, gaining a whimper of pain until he commanded Wooyoung to tie her legs to the legs of the chairs.

He continued to slice her arm, spelling out a word:

ATEEZ.

Once he finished, he smirked at his work and got to his knees. Without a word, he simply walked out of the rooftop. It was super cold, Seonim's nose turned a blush pink as she sniffled both from the pain in her arm and the weather. She stared at the word on her left forearm and sighed, "Well that's going to scar,"

She looked back at the two guys sitting on the edge of the roof. Oh how badly she wanted to push Wooyoung off. Wooyoung was smoking a cigarette and Yunho was playing with the bricks that were stacked nearby. She felt sorry for the boy, he didn't want to be in this situation in the first place and even if he didn't want to do all these things, he still has to be locked up.

Seonim didn't want that, she wanted to save him from this hell.

-

The whole precinct by now was driving at high speed towards their destination, halting in front of a classy-looking building, "This is it," Taeyong spoke up, getting out of the car.

"Don't worry, we'll get her out," Sicheng comforted, using his uninjured hand to pat his shoulder.

"I still don't know why you came, you should be resting," Taeyong said.

"Seonim is like my sister, I couldn't let her get abducted or killed," he replied.

The man just nodded in response, walking up to Johnny and Mr Jung, "So what's the plan?" Taeyong asked, glancing at the two men.

"Just raid," they both responded in unison, shrugging.

"What kind of plan is that?"

"A good one!" Haechan piped up, loading his gun.

The detective sighed and rubbed his forehead, "Okay let's do this."