25: This is My Rebellion (Justice Pt.2)

(Ren's P.O.V)

I'd managed to stall the entire fight; effectively knocking down Akechi, and haulting Maruki from healing Violet. But at the same time, Robin Hood was still moving fast, about to blow open a boss fight when Crow couldn't even yet be controlled.

I had to stop him. I had to control it all, somehow.

In a split second, and without any other options, I beckoned my Persona.

"METATRON! SWORD DANCE!"

The winged angel appeared out of thin air and swung itself at Robin Hood, effectively dropping the heroic outlaw with a colossal physical blow that brought him to the ground just beside Maruki. That single moment stilled the entire feud -

But gave Maruki the instant he needed to take his own stance.

"I see...." The Palace Ruler muttered firmly, snapping his fingers and sending trendril-like vines up from the floor he stood on to hover warily in the air infront of him.

In mere seconds, he'd erected his own barrier.

"Y--YOU FOOL!!" Crow yelped aloud, raising his hands to thrash tamely at my chest. I gasped and instantly teetered, reflecting my need to control Akechi by shoving my blade further into his neck.

"DON'T STOP ME, REN! I HAVE THIS!-"

"We need to work together, Crow!!" I yelled even louder to interrupt his vicious fury, then lowered my gun-wielding hand to point the barrel at his face. Even the relatively light touches from Akechi's fingers had sent my braced-ribs into hysteria, and as a result, I was panting breathlessly through my words.

I cocked my gun with a snap! to shut up the deranged man underneath me.

"I can't do this alone. Don't...don't make me do this alone." My voice was desperate; I was losing time and confidence. If I didn't get a handle on Akechi soon and start this battle, my injuries would push me into an agony that I wouldn't be able to come back from. Akechi and I were the only two Persona-users with wild cards. If I allowed him to act out rashly like this and both of us were rendered useless, the Phantom Thieves didn't stand a chance.

Crow halted his volatile thrashing underneath me. I met his eyes with my desperate gaze.

"I need you. You can't lose it on me now." My breathing was shaking through both the pain and the concern. We were at the end of the line. If we didn't take his heart now, we'd lose everything.

Akechi closed his eyes for a minute. I watched his jaw stiffen under his helmet, and felt his chest rise to take a long, deep breath.

"Don't fuck up, Amamiya." After a good few moment's of silence, his voice roughly muttered out to me. I watched his light brown eyes open once again and stare me down - the look of desperation and ferality now replaced with calm, resolute anger.

I swallowed, trying to still my racing heart. Nothing else but Akechi existed in that moment as I spoke out.

"Can you do it?"

The warmth of Crow's fingers gently sat themselves against my left side as he rose his one hand to affectionately touch my skin. Determination and ruthless, cold blooded resolution was plain as day on Akechi's face now. He'd quelled the psychosis in him and managed to take back control.

"I've got it." He snapped back.

"What about Shido?"

His jaw stiffened even more, but he didn't react.

"I said I've got it." Crow held my gaze for just a moment longer, and that's when I knew.

He was ready.