A Chance

ADONIS POV

I held her hand tight, refusing to let it go. I did not believe in God or any other eternal powers before. But now, I prayed, begged him to open her eyes. I want her to see me even if it is with hatred. I deserve it. I am a monster. A murderer. A selfish man. I am sick.

I break down for the fifth time. I lift her hand and caress it over my forehead. I kiss her hand as I hiccup due to all the crying. She made me weak in her absence.

"I will take care of you well. I will cherish you. I will never hurt you. Please open your eyes Venus" I kiss her lips hungrily, wishing I would hear a whimper. But it did not come.

The door opened and I rushed to the doctor who entered.

"Umm... Mr. Adonis Carter. Your wife's organs are perfectly fine. But her brain is slightly damaged which is further worsened by her depression and unfortunately, we couldn't save her two-months-old fetus"

"What do you mean? At least make her open her eyes, RIGHT NOW" I clutched on the collar of his apron.

My bodyguard pulled me apart and the doctor rushed out of the room. I sit on the chair that was placed next to her and stare at my pale wife. My wife... My child...

... worsened due to depression.

Because of me. I should not have broken her. I should not have tortured her. I thought that was love. I am wrong. Give me a chance Venus. Just one.

She will not come

You killed her

You killed your child

You don't deserve her

You broke her

"STOP" I scream and close my ears, hoping the voices would vanish. But they started again. I got up from the chair and punched my hand to the wall.  My knuckles bled but I did not feel the sting. I punched it continuously, as I saw my blood staining the white wall. I did not stop until someone pulled me from the back.

"Leave me" I try to break free but two to three people were holding me back.

"Nurse take him to the therapist"

WORDS: 387

(Pretty short, right? Just to say you guys the story did not end, yet...)