Relieved

ADONIS POV

I walk restlessly in front of her sleeping form. I don't know what I am going to do.

Fuck. My fist landed on the wall.

One day. I was given just one day to be a good husband. All the things that I dreamed with her banished. What am I going to answer?

My breath hitched as I saw her body shuffle. Her eyelids opened revealing those beautiful black iris. Her eyes looked straight into mine with a blank.

Did she remember everything?

My heart was filled with sadness but I managed to keep a normal composure. Her eyes traveled as I moved towards her. I sat on the brink of the bed, opposite her. I touched her leg but she retreated it close to her chest.

"Did you ever treat me badly?" Words rolled out of her tongue.

"No Venus, I wo-"

"Just answer my questions"

I shut my mouth submissively. What am I going to go through?

"How did I get this?" She lifted her dress up and placed her finger over that tattoo on her stomach.

"You wanted to get a tattoo of my name. I told you 'no' a billion times but you never listened to me. So I got a tattoo of your name too" I removed my shirt button and showed the tattoo on my chest.

She replied to me with a blank look. I moved closer and cupped her face.

"The doctor warned me about your sudden breakdowns babe, that is why I sedated you. I forced myself to sedate you. Just leave all your worries in the past. I want to start a new life with you" I said her a complete lie.

Venus surprised me with a hug. She snuggled into my chest, like a cat craving comfort. I patted her head and rubbed her back.

"I am sorry" She said softly.

"It's ok, my love" I placed my chin over her neck and sniffed in that familiar scent. I felt relieved but I know it wouldn't last long.