𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏.

Eleanor's lips felt dry and cracked from the wind being blown into her face, her head pounding in pain. She woke up to see herself staring down at the moving ground. Eleanor looked around her, she looked to be in the Heartlands. The woman frowned, moving her wrists slightly. No rope.

"Boss," A voice rung out. Eleanor looked up to see one of the men pointing at her, aware of her consciousness. Eleanor quickly looked up at the man who's horse she found herself draped over, seeing the man look down at her before chuckling.

"Suppose we best pick up the pace," He grunted before reaching into his holster. He retrieved his revolver before bringing the iron down onto her. Eleanor felt the skin on her head split open from the hit before her world slowly went black once more.

Water was splashed onto the woman, Eleanor waking up in a gasping heap. She blinked the water out of her eyes, looking around with wild eyes. She looked down to see her wrists now tied in front of her, her legs were not however. The same man stood in front of her, tossing the bucket aside. Eleanor noticed a house with a cellar that was open, leading down into the ground. 

"Let's get you up," He grunted. Agent Sampson reached down, roughly grabbing one arm and ripping her to her feet. Eleanor was infuriated to be handled like this, staring at Agent Sampson in hate. She kept her eyes on him, waiting for him to meet her gaze. Soon enough, the man did. All he did was grin sickly. "Look at you all defenceless," he spat at her before shoving her forward. Eleanor managed to catch her footing, hesitation to walk so Agent Sampson had to keep pushing her. Eleanor reached the cellar of which she would be going into. She felt herself get roughly pulled back before tossed down with Agent Sampson's strength. Eleanor tumbled down the steps and onto the dirty floor. The woman hissed through her teeth in pain before finding herself staring at a pair of feminine boots. Eleanor gritted her teeth in realisation of who she found herself at the hands of before slowly looking up. 

Mary Tatum stared down at her, her thin lips forming into a satisfied smile. Her green eyes lit up but were full of dominance seeing Eleanor at her own feet. The woman had dark brown hair like her own, tied back into a loose bun with strands of hair framing her face. Mary appeared to look a lot younger than Charlie did. 

"So you brought her to me," Mary chirped out, finally taking her eyes off of Eleanor as she looked up at Agent Sampson. 

"'Course we did. The money?" Agent Sampson asked. Eleanor frowned to herself, normally Pinkerton Agents didn't demand for their payment. Eleanor knew their job wasn't done, a woman who hired an assassin to come after her didn't seem like the type to handle dirty business herself. 

"All in good time, Mister Peters," Mary's thin lips formed into a smile as she looked at the man. "We're far from done with her. But for now," Mary looked down at Eleanor for a moment before walking around her and towards the man. "We leave her to starve for a few days. No water either. We get her desperate, hear her beg just like my husband did," Mary explained to him, placing a hand on his shoulder. The man looked at her hand before looking at her. Mary looked back at Eleanor, an evil look in the woman's eyes. "When she killed Charlie she also signed her death warrant. She's a fool to not have thought of what could've happened to her after," Mary looked back at Mister Peters, Eleanor shocked as she watched the two of them leave the cellar before the doors shut, blocking all sunlight from getting in. Eleanor listened to the loud click of the doors being locked.

Agent Sampson was a fake persona. This man, Mister Peters... who was he? Eleanor felt cold, her clothes soaked. She tossed her hair over her back, looking around but it was no use. It was pitch black, no light source was even provided. Her heart stopped, realising that this was it. She was done, she would be dying here. It was going to be a slow and painful death.