𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑.

Eleanor was felt shaking, terrified as she watched him pull his gloves back on. Hamish looked at her with a satisfied smile, looking at the woman whose face was completely beaten. Everywhere ached, her ribs and face were the worst from his punches and kicks. Despite her pleas begging the man to stop from punching and kicking her she only found herself with more. 

"I'll be back tomorrow, let's see if there's an improvement, hm?" He informed her before grabbing the lantern and leaving the cellar. Eleanor sat completely motionless against the wall she managed to crawl to to get away from Hamish when he finished beating on her. Eleanor for once felt comforted to hear the lock click knowing that she would be left alone. 

Eleanor knew her face was bleeding, when he was beating on her blood had covered her eyes numerous times. Eleanor moved her jaw with a hand, feeling slightly relieved to feel that nothing was broken. She dropped her hand from her face, resting the back of her head against the wall. Closing her eyes, Eleanor felt more tears roll down her cheeks. She was surprised she had more tears left in her. Eleanor clenched her hands into fists as they rested on her knees, Mary and Hamish were going to pay for this. She would get out of here eventually, Eleanor always got herself out of messy situations. Never in her life had she been through anything like this. They had her locked away from the world liked a caged animal... a monster even. Eleanor let out a scream of anger, knowing she would just be ignored anyway before sobbing as she shook her head at herself. 

Eleanor squinted her eyes as the large cellar doors were lifted open the following day. Eleanor's face was stained with blood, dirt and tears along with the heavy bags of exhaustion under her eyes. She shielded her eyes as she watched Hamish and Mary walk back in again today. Mary casted Eleanor a glance before chuckling to herself. Hamish walked towards Eleanor, Eleanor quickly crawling backwards away from him. Hamish found himself humorous for scaring her before going back to the stairs and leaning against the wall beside them. As for Mary, the woman grabbed the chair from yesterday. She dusted it off with a gloved hand before sitting down, her dress falling down around her ankles. 

"How did you sleep?" Mary asked her. Eleanor knew from the smirk on the woman's face that she heard Eleanor's sobs from her sleepless night. 

"Fuck you," Eleanor muttered earning a small laugh from Mary. Eleanor looked up at the woman to see a cruel smile on her thin lips. Eleanor could see why Charlie married her. She had a stone cold heart, a heart so cold and evil that she could do anything with no remorse. The only difference between Mary and Charlie was that Charlie did everything himself, Mary hires people. 

"Let me tell you, Eleanor," Mary looked up at the cellar roof as she thought of where to begin. The woman's hands rested in her lap, Hamish watched from where he lent against the wall. Eleanor knew he was waiting hungrily for Mary to give him the word once again. "I was born into a wealthy family, they love me so much that they still send me money to raise my child."

"You should stick to raising a child then," Eleanor mumbled to herself. Mary had heard her but chose to ignore her, continuing with her speech.

"I was a troubled child, a naughty girl-"

"Never would have guessed," Eleanor retorted sarcastically once more. Mary sighed, looking down at Eleanor before waving a hand up in the air. With that Hamish came over and before Eleanor could get away Hamish was already standing over her. He punched her across the face, Eleanor falling onto her side from the impact. Eleanor coughed, splatters of blood speckled the floor. Eleanor spat the blood that filled her mouth onto the floor beside her before slowly sitting back up, her bones aching from yesterday. Hamish stayed behind Mary, hovering over her shoulder like the devil himself.