Red Like Roses

As I reach the top of Mount Silver, I feel the frigid air blow across my face. The snow flutters down to my feet before coming to rest on its surroundings. As it falls to the ground, the snow obscures my vision, blurring the details. I hear the large and heavy footsteps of PlaftCorn, my Nidoking, who follows behind me.

I see the silhouette of a young man ahead. His red sleeveless jacket flows in the wind. The snow hardens and soon becomes hail.

Holding my arm up to block the falling ice, I walk towards him and try talking...

He doesn't respond.

He turns to me, and in a silent agreement, our battle begins.

He throws a pokeball in front of him that shoots a red light onto the ground. The light quickly takes form as a Pikachu.

The mouse charges at me, it's tail turning to iron. PlaftCorn runs in front of me as the Pikachu slams its tail into him, his feet sliding on the ground from the impact.

PlaftCorn threw Pikachu away from him, then slammed his foot onto the ground. The earth shook violently as it cracked beneath us. Pikachu's cry echoed around us as the earth calmed and the dust settled.

Another red light shone through to dust and snow, followed by the silhouette of his next Pokemon.

Lapras.

I held my head out beside me and called PlaftCorn back. Grabbing the pokeball from my belt, I send out my Electrode, Suavce.

Lapras raised its head and sang a thunderous melody, its eyes glowing blue. Soon, the snow and hail grew stronger as the blizzard hit. I feel the ice growing on my arms as the chilling wind blows past us.

Suavce endures the blizzard as the frigid ice as it grows around his eyes and mouth. They look up at the elegant opponent in front of them with a haughty smile.

"Suavce uses Mirror Coat!" I shout. They shine, casting a blinding light on the battlefield, and as it fades away, Lapras stands in front of Red, injured and panting.

Red quickly pulls out a Full Restore and sprays it onto Lapras. The wounds fade away from the Pokemon's beautiful and blue body.

Charging up electricity, I give the command and throw my hand out. Suavce unleashes a powerful Thunderbolt that strikes Lapras... but not hard enough. He summons another Blizzard, blinding us from them.

Taking the opportunity, I quickly reach into my bag and pull out a Full Restore and heal up Suavce in time for the next Blizzard that strikes hard and fast. I heal Suavce again and prepare for the next hit...

But nothing happened.

I glance up and see Red's Lapras, unable to move. Thunderbolt paralyzed him! We got a free heal!

Lapras soon breaks free and uses Blizzard again, but it's too late. Suavce smiles again and emits the blinding light of Mirror Coat, and I watch as Lapras falls and lands unconscious.

Red then sends out Blastoise, and I know Suavce won't be able to continue in their current state. It's breathing is heavy and I can tell there's not much more it can take. With a heavy heart, I call Suavce to me and send out PlaftCorn.

I quickly grab a Full Restore from my bag and heal up Suavce as I feel Blastoise's Blizzard rage on and when I look over, I see PlaftCorn lying in the snow. He's gone...

Suavce rolls back onto the battlefield, and Blastoise creates another Blizzard. Suavce endures the attack like it had done before and unleashes Mirror Coat.

The Blastoise stumbles and falls to its knees from the attack, wounded yet not out. My heart pounds as I see the end of this match up in sight. I quickly shout my command to Suavce and, before Red could do anything, Suavce unleashes a powerful Thunderbolt. The large turtle falls to the ground as a smirk grows on Red's face.