part two <3

(riley's pov)

so here i am holding rubens hands laughing my ass off having the best time of my life and just only yesterday i was confused and calling myself a loner , i think me and these boys will be good friends..

"k i'm sorry i'll stop teasing you" i say now just stepping onto my board gripping onto rubens hands . "no no i like it" he says smiling , unable to hide his face since he can't let me go .
"k i'm going to move you now , you have to kind of move with me if that makes sense" i just nod because at this point i was actually trying to learn and wanting to skate , he slowly starts moving me and eventually he lets me go ..
"wait wait wait ruben you asshole you didn't tell me how to stop or anything" as i'm getting closer and closer to the fence i hear fuck shit in the distance just being fuckshit  "fuckkk shitt catch her ruben" he says laughing .
i close my eyes and feel myself hit the ground but surprisingly it was a soft landing , i slowly open my eyes and notice that i fell onto ruben .. we both get up and start checking on each other making sure we're okay .
"it's getting dark it's almost time for the party , pack it up love bugs" ray putting his board into the back of a truck .
ruben started laughing at the fact that we were both yelling at each other and that made me laugh too , and then when we calmed down i just noticed ray said party .. "party?" i say out loud and for the first time forth grade answers my question ..

"yeah there's a party at this house tonight and everybody is going to be there" i just went along with it and put my board in the back and got into the truck with ruben , me , ruben and forth grade sat in the back .. i listened to the music and watched the window before i noticed ruben smiling at me in the corner of my eye . " ruben don't scare me like that" i laughed now facing him , without a word he put his head on my shoulder and held my hand .
things between me and ruben are moving pretty fast and normally i'd be nervous because i actually like him but i think this is what i've been needing , i kind of love how fast it's moving ..
the feeling of not wanting to be there faded away so fast.
5 minutes later we pull up to a house with a basketball court for a driveway , fuckshit got out first and seemed the most excited, he walks up the house and as he got farther away i can hear him singing a song of some sort "i'm boutta get me some bitchesss" i laugh at his irregular amount of confidence.
ray starts shooting hoops and fourth grade begins recording him .. i thought i'd go check on ruben who was sitting on the back of the truck with a blank expression. "hey are you good ruben? what's on your mind"
he looks up almost surprised .. "when i think i go blank , even if they are the happiest thoughts , don't worry" he says playing with his thumbs .
i push myself onto the truck and put my hand onto his because i know whatever he's thinking about isn't good , "i'm going to check on fuckshit to make sure he isn't dead" i say hopping off the truck, ruben smiles and nods so i begin walking into the house , the house looked rather familiar mostly because i live just a block down ..
i open the screen door and immediately smell weed , cigarettes and some kind of alcohol, i can't really tell them apart they do the same thing .. anyway i pan the room for fuckshit and find him talking to a group of girls .. of course .

he turns his head "ayyyy this is riley" he says waving me down , i walk up to the group and one of the girls begins to introduce herself .. "hii i'm alexa it's nice to meet you" i smile at how nice she is but she kind of reminded me of a female version of fuckshit just less chaotic.
"it's nice to meet you too" i say now looking at fuckshit and noticing he's fake yawning "boring shit boring shit , let's go riley" he says now turning the opposite way towards the door and that's when i notice the vodka and a bunch of beers in his arms ..
"don't you need help with those?" i say taking some of the beers off his hands . "thanks sweetheart i needed that" he says flipping his angelic like hair , i admired fuckshit for his hair , that was probably his best feature but now that i know him a little bit better i have no problem with him calling me those names , i mean he calls everyone that.
we get outside and the rest of the boys cheer on fuckshit for bringing the alcohol, fuckshit hands ray and fourth grade their beers and i give stevie and ruben theirs and me and fuckshit have two left for ourselves. we all huddle into the back of the truck and just start talking ..
"your parents don't care if you're out this late?" stevie says looking down at this watch.. i laugh as i take another sip of my beer
"my dad works nights and he's not back until 4am and he's used to me being out all by myself this late" they all nod .. "that's a whole vibe , being out this late all by yourself it must be relaxing sometimes" ray says looking at me..
"well i wouldn't say relaxing but kind of lonely , i guess you can say that too though" they all nod again and them nodding i take as a "that's dope" or "i fw that" ..
fourth grade finally speaks to me a second time throughout knowing him , "life is only lonely when you give it a reason to be" he says looking back at the footage he had just gotten of ray ..
"that's a good way to look at it" i say and to be honest it is.. and i truly do think fourth grade has a good outlook on life . ruben and fuck shit slowly become more outgoing or to get straight to the point drunk , i do too but i head over to ray who isn't drinking and sit down with him , we sit in silence and watch all the boys laugh and play ball .
"ruben and fuckshit drink the most when we drink , stevie usually stops a little bit after because he gets too nauseous and forthgrade just vibes and thinks of new ideas when he's drunk just so ruben and fuckshit are the only ones you need to worry about"