chapter 1: back in hawkins

me and my family have been living in california for almost 6 months now. we have been far away from friends, family...lovers. its christmas vacation and we are visiting our home town in hawkins Indiana. our plane has arrived and now my mother joyce byers is driving us kids to the wheeler house. what is wheeler? just what my future last name is going to be. you know what nevermind... wheeler is the last name of my bestfriend and crush mike. were visiting him for christmas. ive been in love with him for as long as i can remember. his soft raven black hair and face full of freckles that look like a galaxy. hes so pretty. b-but he has a girlfriend! i shouldn't be thinking these things. especially when his girlfriend is sitting right next to me. my sister el. i need some sort of plan to keep myself from having heart eyes the whole time were there. i cant just ignore him. oh who am i kidding. he'll ignore me first...he only cares about el. no one cares for me. were here! yelled my mom from the drivers seat. i look out the window to see mike and nancy wheeler waving from there door step. i smile and get out of the car. el runs over and throws herself ontop of mike. they begin making out like always. its whatever tho. I walk over patiently waiting to get a hug from my bestfriend that i havent seen in almost 6 months. But to my surprise, mike and el ran inside and upstairs. Not even a hello..? I just brushed this off and went inside. You can put your bags over there hun! Says mrs.wheeler. i drop my bags and stand awkwardly. Sooo how is it over there in cali? Mrs.wheeler asked. O-oh its uhh hot. I say. She laughs. Hows school? Fine. I answer. Im barely paying attention anymore. I leave mrs.wheeler who was chopping up vegetables and head downstairs to the basement. Woah. I let out. It hasnt changed much. Still the same furniture and posters. I havent seen it in so long. Brings back memories of the good times. I look around to all my drawings ive made hanging up on mikes wall. He still kept them there? I walk around a bit. I start looking through some shelf in the corner. Oh wow! He still kept dungeons and dragons all this time!? I thought he was too old now. A binder falls onto my lap as i pull the dnd box out. Now normally im not one to snoop, but i wanted to get to know the new mike better. I open the binder to find drawings. A whole binder of them. Only they werent made by mike. They were made by me. All my drawings I've made over the years, all in this binder. I cant believe he kept them....

hi hi. so im starting off fresh with a new book. im also giving a new style a try. hope you enjoy❤. ~ryleigh 02/11/21 5:01pm