Chapter 29

Shawn's P.O.V

"What... what are you doing here?" I asked more than confused.

"I'm here because of you. How are you doing?" She said coming closer.

"I'm okay, a lot better. I got a new heart today."

"I heard. That's... that's great." She said forcing herself to smile.

"Yeah. So who called you, my mother or Andy?"

"Sarah." She said half smiling again.

"Sarah?"

"Yes. I don't understand this, Shawn. Why?" Bey asked confused and clearly hurt.

"Bey, it was the best for you."

"How can you know what's the best for me? You promised me that you wouldn't push me away."

"Bey, I didn't want you staying here in this hospital with me. I wanted you to live your life. Trust me, your life is way better without me. I can't offer you anything."

"The only thing I wanted... was you." She said in a low tone, without looking at me.

"I don't know what to say, Bey." I said breaking the silence that had taken over the room.

"You don't need to say anything. I'm happy that you're doing better."

"I am too. Are you okay? You don't look so happy."

"It was a tough day. I'm going home now. I will stop by tomorrow." She said turning away, like she didn't want me to look at her face.

"You don't-" I started but Bey quickly cut me off.

"I will stop by tomorrow. Get some rest." She said before leaving.

I watched Bey slowly close my door before I was able to let out a big rush of air that I was holding in ever since Bey walked through the door.

I didn't expect Beyoncé to show up here, and I have no idea why Sarah would tell her everything, but I wasn't even mad at her, because I have to admit that I was more than happy to see Bey and hear her voice again.

Still, seeing her after so long got me a little worried though. She looked extremely sad, like she cried before coming into my room. I don't want to be the reason why she is sad and hurt. That was why I broke up with her in the first place. I wanted to save her from all of that, but it seems like it didn't work out like I thought it would.

***

Beyoncé's P.O.V

"Lady, are you okay?" The cab driver asked, looking back at me worried.

"Yes." I managed to say still crying.

My emotions were all over the place. I knew just seeing Shawn alone would be too much for me. But the whole situation made it ten times harder.

"I uh... I changed my mind about my destination. Leave me somewhere else." I had given him the address to my place, but there was somewhere else I needed to be right now.

"Bey?" Solange said confused when she saw me at her door. She also looked like she was in bed, and I had waken her up. "What happened? What are you doing here?"