Hades and Persephone myth

One day, Persephone was playing in the meadows of the mortal realm when Demeter, her mother, called her over to where she was. "Persephone, why must you go so far in the meadows? How many times do I have to tell you the needed responsibility for yourself? There are dangers in this world that you cannot comprehend!" "Mother, I'm no longer a child. I am an adult. I have the right to make my own decisions and right now, I'm going to the meadows!" Persephone sighed before walking into meadows, where she picked flowers and spreader seeds for new ones to grow. Hades, the lord of the Underworld, was out taking his three-headed dog, Cerberus, on a walk so he could get some sun and play. While walking, Hades stumbled upon the spring goddess. He was dazzled by Persephone's beauty so he decided to make her his wife. The earth began to rumble beneath Persephone's feet. In the blink of an eye, she was swallowed by the earth and taken into the Underworld. She looked around and realized where she was. "Hello Persephone, dear. Welcome to the Underworld." Persephone was terrified of Hades. All she could do was stare at him, thinking and fearing that she might never see her beloved mother ever again. "Here is your room, dinner will be done here shortly," her guide spoke and put her into her room. Dinner was brought to her room a while later but the goddess refused to eat anything. "Why aren't you eating, my love?" Hades questioned. He cocked an eyebrow but Persephone was known to be a very stubborn goddess. "I know the rules of the Underworld, Hades. If I eat anything from here, then I am forced to stay here. I would never leave," Persephone stated. Soon, Persephone was starving. She took out the pomegranate seeds she had left and ate all six of the ones she had left. Demeter soon found out her daughter was missing. She searched everywhere for Persephone but never found her. The only Demeter could do was go to Zeus for help. "She's, my beloved Persephone is gone! Where could she b "She's, my beloved Persephone is gone! Where could she be?!" Tears streamed down Demeter's face as she cried that her daughter was gone. "Don't worry Demeter, we'll find her." Zeus sighed. Hermes, God of thieves and trading, was sent to find Persephone and soon u covered that she was in the Underworld. He went down there to try and retrieve Persephone. He took her to the gates but she was unable to leave. Hermes had no choice but to leave and tell his father the news. "Hermes, where is Persephone?" "Persephone cannot leave the Underworld, father," Hermes sighed softly. "Why is that?" Zeus questioned, slightly confused. "She got hungry and ate some of the pomegranate seeds she had, so she's now tied to the Underworld," Hermes told him. Zeus's face went red with fury. "Tell Hades to bring her back to her mother, this instant!" Zeus exclaimed. Hermes did as he was told and delivered the message to Hades. He was enraged that he was not able to keep Persephone with him. He refused to send the goddess back to her mother. Demeter heard this news and was saddened by it. All the crops wilted as Demeter weaped. The mortals began to die due to the lack of food to eat. Zeus, seeing this issue, decided to make a deal with Hades. The deal was that Persephone would live in the Underworld for six months with Hades and the other six with Demeter. That is how the seasons came to be.