Our Night Shift

((A/N; I'm one of those weird fangirls where when I see the picture above, rather than saying, "TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT!", I'd respond with, "Welp, I don't have a towel, so I guess that you're gonna have to live with a wet shirt!" Why? I don't know honestly...-.)) 

The next day, Michael had surprised me with tickets to Hamilton. I had only seen Hamilton once, so I was very happy. It was really good and I had a lot of fun. The next few days, we had gone to see a lot of tourist attractions. Washington Square Park, The Statue of Liberty, The One World Observatory. Just A lot of things like that. When it came time to go home, it honestly was pretty smooth, even though we'd had to get up at like 2 in the morning.

After we got back home, we were both pretty beat, but we were able to stay up until about 10. We both had the night shift tomorrow night , so we had to rest up.

-------------------------------------

We spent the next day, mostly just cuddling. Yes, I know that it sounds kinda boring, but don't judge us. We were both just laying in silence, when I heard Michael say very quietly, "Ennard, stop." Ennard again. I have no idea what he's doing in Michael's skin, but it was... well, interesting- that's all that I'm gonna say about it. I moved my face up towards him and kissed his jawline just once.

"I love you," he said. "I'm so glad that you're officially my fiance now." I smiled.

"I love you too," I said back to him. "And I'm glad too." Michael looked at the time and then sighed.

"We gotta start heading over to Baby's," he said sadly. "But hey, Ballora started getting into Lady Gaga's music lately and she will literally just spend hours dancing to her songs, , so at least she won't be trying to kill us constantly. And she got those Lady Gaga Oreos that are so popular as a gift from my manager . " I chuckled.

"That's a good thing," I said. "I wonder if Funtime Chica is doing ok."

"Ah, yes," he said. "She has plans to work with Vogue. Not sure how well that's gonna work out for her, but hey, at least she has something that she can enjoy doing,./"

We both got up and got ready by getting into our uniforms.

-------------------------------------

After we got there, we found our way to the elevator. It was a really long descent, but we finally made it down. It was really low - lit. Very interesting lighting though. I looked over at Michael. My God, he looks sexy in this lighting- wait, what did I just think? I thought. ((Frack, I was listening to that one song, 'Sexy Back' because I ran out of freaking skips and this is what I get in return)). He kinda looked over at me and did almost a bit of a smirk. I blushed and looked away.

We found our way to the office, but for some reason didn't hear the handunit talking. It was probably just because we had to do all of the same tasks as normal. But then I heard the handunit say, "Oh no, it looks like Funtime Foxy is twerking to TikTok songs. Let's give him a controlled shock." I heard the song 'The Box' playing and immediately groaned.

"Oh, God no," I said, quickly activating the controlled shock. I didn't mind the song, I just hated how TikTok ruined it for me, like many of my other favorite songs. ((A/N'; No hate against TikTok, I personally like the app)) .

I heard the shock noise go off and did a sigh of relief when I heard the music stop playing. "They do this every year- oh God..." Michael said. I chuckled.

"Ok, Sid the Sloth," I said jokingly. The shift was going ok so far. I'm still worried about Michael. I mean, having an endoskeleton underneath your skin? That's just a little bit too... what's the word? Surreal? I don't even know anymore. I just really do hope that he's gonna be ok. We've made it this far, I just can't lose him. I love him too much.

---------------------------------------

The whole shift was actually going somewhat... smoothly? Now, that's not natural, but hey. I'll take it! I stretched as I did a few tasks. It wasn't too hard. I mean, besides Ballora saying, "I hear your heart beat to the beat of the drums" which nearly scared me to death.

"Ke$ha tonight, huh?" I asked. Of course, she didn't respond. I have no idea why they're suddenly going off of their script, but then again, they often feel like they're trapped, so I mean they just need at least one thing to be able to escape.

It reached 6 A.M. before we knew it. Thank God our shift's complete. I'm tired as hell right now and I don't even care what anyone says at the moment. After we got home, I practically passed out on the couch.