XXVI

January 27
22:39

Jungkook PoV

Namjoon walks off with Jimin, leaving me, Yoongi and Taehyung together.

"Let's go investigate some more", Yoongi says looking as though he could burst at any moment. The stress and frustration was slowly catching up to myself as well.

Yoongi begins to walk towards the dining room as me and Taehyung follow.

We investigate the room for a little while in silence, nobody daring to break it.

Jimin opens the door to the dining room, looking at us.

"Seokjin hyung's corpse is gone", he claims.

"What? How can it just be gone?", Yoongi asks.

"If you don't believe me, come and look yourselves".

Yoongi rushed out of the room first and I follow second.

We make our way to the kitchen and then in the pantry which revealed that Jimin was telling the truth. The corpse was indeed gone.

"Give me a fucking break!" Yoongi hits the wall with force over and over.

"Yoongi hyung stop!", I shout, running over to him and taking his hand into mine. His was bleeding and bruised.

"I'm just so fucking tired of this. Every time we think we are getting closer, something just puts us right back to the beginning. We've lost Seokjin hyung and who knows if we've lost Hoseok as well. At this rate, we're all just walking corpses". His face turns red in rage and he slowly collapses to the floor.

"I'm just so tired".

Jimin remains silent and Taehyung comes over and pats Yoongi on the back.

"Yoongi hyung... we'll do this. Trust me, I will investigate like my life is on the line", Taehyung says earnestly.

"Our life is on the line dummy", Yoongi chuckles. "Thanks Tae."

"Jimin, where is Namjoon hyung?" I ask.

"Not sure. I left him here - he told me to find you guys and share the news".

I merely sigh. If anything, we need Namjoon more than ever. He's the most intelligent and has contributed the most to this investigation.

I hate to say this but, I fear that without Namjoon, we would all probably be dead.

"Hey Jungkook, I was supposed to ask", Yoongi starts. "What did Hoseok even guess?"

"He said Jimin, in the pantry with the fishnet wire".

Yoongi laughs. "Of course he did. He was complaining to me earlier how we shouldn't doubt one another so of course he'd do that to try and prove Jimin's innocence."

"He said exactly that", I reply.

"Knew it".

Jimin's eyes light up with shock.

"Hobi hyung did that for me?"

"Yes, he did Jimin. The man who said that the answer is incorrect said before Hoseok hyung died that his answers for culprit and weapon were wrong".

"So he cleared me?"

"He did".

He hesitates, processing this in his mind.

"Everyone, we need to find Namjoon. I have something to share", eyes full of determination.

Will he finally reveal the secret information?