Chapter 1

Already worth more than any youth player had ever been, and even worth more than some lower level top flight teams' players, Giovanni Jurgen was poised to be a top talent if he could even be a glimpse of what the video games estimated his potential to be. He was only fifteen-years-old, and he could already start in most tier two teams, according to IGFO, but no coach truly trusted those ratings.

They were all sending scouts to watch youth academy games ahead of considering swooping in for the player while he was still relatively cheap. One thing was certain, Gio would have plenty of options.

His market value was already twenty million space dollars, and a slew of teams were on the phone with his coach enquiring about his talents. There were more scouts than fans at each of his games, and he was proving himself to be well worth the market valuation of his talents and skills, but the Owls would be reluctant to sell him.

Emile really wanted more top talent in the co-ed leagues, but she knew it would be tough to keep him after he'd been expressing for years he wanted to end the speculation that he was only on the Owls because his mother was the owner, even though few believed that now.

Emile knew Pep's biggest objective was to bring top talent into the Premier League, but the men's teams still had higher contracts on average and the best chances of getting a mega contract. So, she knew she would have to part ways with her son to one of the men's division teams, in all likelihood, but she still had four months to convince Gio to stay in the Owls. She told him she could pay him five million a year, but he thought he could do much better even on a men's division second tier team, but she made sure he knew the decision was entirely up to him.

She had always fostered his decision making, even when it could get him into a fair bit of trouble, like when he failed to show up for his EOCE's and had to repeat year nine of his academy schooling. She had always let him choose his fate, and soon, he would have the choice to drop out of school entirely and never even earn an academy diploma.

Not looking for to her son being an academy dropout like her grandfather, she still left all the decisions that only affected him to him, despite asking him several times to finish school. But in the makings of the galaxy was another superstar. He wanted to become a household name, like Edward Vinicius or Sergio Eliot, his two favorite players that had already won the last eight Taquet D'Ors combined.

Gio didn't want to look back. He was given an excellent opportunity to succeed expectations managers would have of him. He had a chance to be the greatest footballer to ever live, but it would be difficult to surpass the number of Taquets Edward Vinicius won to solidify his position as the greatest to ever play, but it was what he wanted with his career. At worst, he wanted to be a future Hall of Fame inductee.

Those were his goals, and they would be very hard to achieve without an austere life. He would have to avoid the mistakes his mother made, and never touch a single drug, but he would also have to train harder and eat smarter than anyone else in the universe. After all, food was fuel to athletes.

From a young age, Emile introduced Gio to plenty of healthy foods. As a billionaire who would only live another one hundred fifty years at the maximum, she gave Gio a very lavish lifestyle. They had chefs and maids and personal hair stylists. They had everything a prissy young boy would ever want, except the love of his father.

While Emile remarried to a man who would keep her clean, her new husband was a boring and predictable businessman and didn't understand Giovanni's drive to want to be a professional athlete, when he could easily be on the board making the real decisions. Callum Chambers was the CEO of Plurnen, one of the largest banks in the entire universe. He made as much money as a top soccer player, and he honestly thought Gio should have taken the management route as well to earn a living. Gio hadn't cared about school since he was ten, though. After he signed on with the youth academy, it was all soccer in his life.