Chapter 25

Going from luxury and wealth to famine and squalor was difficult for young Seamus. He had no clue whether or not he would be eating that day, because the emaciated family was on a rotation.

Everyone had two days a week they didn't eat, and the other four days everyone ate. Those seemed like such joyous times to Aaron, being able to all eat together. Gio never knew sacrifice until then.

He liked it, though. His family was always on the road. They saw everywhere on Tatoodeen, from the slums in the west to the gardens in the east. Everything seemed alright, despite being on a very tight budget. As Gio, he had gotten accustomed to a rich man's budget. Now, he was lucky to have a single dollar. The sun goddess was trying to teach him something. His pain had been lifted. He felt unconditional love for the first time.

With his mother, it was about looking like a great parent. And with Kat, it was about the fame he never quite had and the money. There was always a kicker in that aspect. But Aaron and Evy loved Seamus so much, he could even feel it.

"Do I not go to academy?" Seamus asked as he rolled up his window on the open freeway.

"You graduated when you were twelve," Evy replied.

"Was I not in university or college?"

"Can't afford it," Aaron croaked, "you were a brilliant mind, Seamus."

"I know how to make the family wealthy, but I don't think y'all will like my idea."

"Go for it, baby," Evy charismatically stated, "we're all ears."

"I swear I'm him. I know all his bank account information. I know all of his passwords. I know I'm him."

"Seamus Pep," Evy scorned, "the only person you are is our son. Tell him, Aaron!"

"Bank account information?" Aaron asked.

Pep disregarded his mother, "I know everything he would've remembered. He'd been dealing with the Triwizards... it's why he never scored and went on a bender to end his career early. You have to believe me! I have all his memories!"

"Pep," his mother played along, "even if you had all his passwords, how would you get his bank card? You don't look enough like him to go into the bank."

"Mom," he said, "I know exactly where all of them are. It's only been a few hours since he died. Here," Pep said, "let me drive for a minute. We're close."

"You never learned to drive."

"But Giovanni Jurgen did. I have a good bit of his skills."

"You can't drive without a permit," Evy said, "we couldn't afford the fees if you got pulled over."

"Whatever, mom, dad, take the next left. It's in a gated neighborhood about ten minutes north."

"Evy, should we do this?" Aaron asked.

"Do whatever you want," Evy threw her hands up.

"Mom," Pep said, "calm down. It'll be worth it."

"Worth it if we all go to prison?" she shouted.

"Prison would feed us better than we eat," Pep laughed.

"I have told you, Pep, everyone takes a turn not eating. Today just happened to be your day."

"I'm fine with that. That's not the point. There's currently five million in his account. I just need his phone or something so I can send the money elsewhere, to one of our accounts. That's life changing money, mom."

"Oh, alright. Let's risk everything," she reluctantly agreed.

"That's not risking much, babe," Aaron mocked her.