Chapter 14

Saleem was a bold man, and he knew where his team lacked the most, but he didn't have the funding. On the team's off day, he had to visit the Turtle board. His midfield was very weak in comparison to to his attack and defense. He needed one or two more players that could fill the midfield and break opposing lines. He had five players in mind, but they could be upwards of eighty million each, and he'd have to ask the board for more money. This could easily go either way.

He prepared his speech for once he was at the table with the nine members of the board, but he wouldn't even go over his three main talking points once he made it to the table.

"Why did you call this meeting, Mr. Jifaar?"

"It's about purchasing power, sirs. I need to request an additional two hundred forty million dollars to ensure we are not relegated. I have five targets in mind, and my aim is to sign two to three of them to be crucial players in our midfield."

"Done," Quika, the head board member said, "we will move the budget around to ensure you can sign three more players. But if this doesn't work, Coach Jifaar, your status as head coach will be removed."

"I understand totally. Thank you so very much! I will be on the phone all afternoon trying to procure these talents as quickly as possible. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you two hundred forty million times over," Jifaar said as he backed out of the room before the men started arguing and changed their minds.

The board was expecting three new players, so Jifaar would be sure to make the allocated budget work for three new players. And fortunately for him, the other position he needed to strengthen was a fullback position, which proved to be the cheapest positions on the entire field. And this would be the case once again.

Saleem had his work cut out if he weren't to be cut out of the team. The team seemed to play better under the four back formation, the 4-4-2 Diamond. And Jifaar's right back was more of a bandaid who was getting battered as he received all the minutes at right back.

Coach Saleem Heream Jifaar knew exactly what must be done, but if Giovanni were to occupy the attacking midfielder role, Saleem's team would only need one midfielder, which meant he would buy a better striker, a strong holding midfielder, and an upgraded right back.