Chapter 11

While Tue answered to only Emur Holocano, everyone in the Triwizards answered to Viche. It was Garfnard's hope the gang could be ruled in unison by two leaders, but Viche absorbed Adelaide's jurisdiction, who became more of a Triwizard figurehead.

Garfnard's true self may have only been known by few, despite his attempts to go public in his dying weeks. Few knew the most feared man in the universe was a homosexual, and it was a secret the higher ups in the gang wanted protected to maintain order.

Viche didn't have a care in the world at the time. His gang was thriving, both financially and numerally— his numbers had swelled to the largest gang in the entire universe since Garfnard's death. He stood to gain a ton of money should Gio not play at all. There were many bets, but the two worth the most were whether he'd score in his career or whether he'd score in his first season, and nine games had already been played with no sign of Gio to even be playing, then the tenth match came, and Gio was on the bench for the first time.

He finally could make a difference, and the thoughts were that he would, but he was never called upon in the tenth match which resulted in a 3-0 bruising.

Viche laughed. The team had lost nine games in a row, yet the coach still didn't want to play Gio. The money was as good as his, in his mind. But a lot could change in the rest of the season.

Meanwhile, Gio has been chatting up Sadie for a while, and he invited her to come swim at his pool just before summer was starting to end. She agreed too. They were getting along well as friends.