Chapter 3

Gahyeon rushed in the entrance right after the guards let her in. Her arms flung wide open and she screamed in excitement and joy. Siyeon nudged her slowly and whispered, "Don't embarrass yourself, we don't need the attention, rememeber?"

"Right." Gahyeon slowly put her arms down. Ever since the incident, the three had to stay low and sort of be undercover. Siyeon dyed her hair blonde and had cut it short, Gahyeon changed her hair color to purple, but JiU barely changed her hair or her looks but managed to stay undetected.

"Take it easy, tiger," JiU laughed while throwing her hands on Gahyeon's shoulder. They followed along as they went from ride to ride, enjoying their time as much as they could, until they took their last ride on the rollercoaster.

The sun was still up there, shining and smiling while the rest of the world try to enjoy their time. The three finally got their way into the coaster, getting seated and pumping all their adrenaline. The machine beeped twice and they knew they were off. The rollercoaster went up slowly, building up the suspense. Everyone started gasping and closing their eyes before the drop. The coaster was nearly at it's peak, higher and higher it went, the cart plummeted and the whole ride screamed.

"JiU!"

"YOOHYEON! NO!"

JiU's eyes dilated and her heart dropped in affect to the plummet and the memory. The ride lasted for about a few minutes and the moment they got off the ride, she ran to the nearest bench.

"Unnie? JiU, what's going on?" Siyeon's distorted questionnaire started to echo in JiU's ears as she stumbled to her seat. Gahyeon laid her hand on JiU's back and patted her. "Unnie.."

"G-Gahyeon.. S-Siyeon.. I.. I can't."

"Can't what?"

"I can't stand it.. I can't stop thinking about them. I.. I can't make it stop," she muttered while holding her forehead. "L-Let's go back, shall we? We'll find your some medication or---"

"No, I got it back at the apartment. Just.. Let's go back."

Siyeon and Gahyeon nodded. They helped JiU up on her feet and led her towards the exit. She could not open her eyes, she was afraid that their screams and voices would come again. Gahyeon stood beside her, holding her shoulders and her back. Her breathing was concerning and unpredictable --- one moment it could be slow, the other it could speed up, spiking every breathe. They were in the car and Gahyeon sat right next to JiU as Siyeon started the engines.

"JiU, are you really oka---"

"Siyeon," she looked up with her pale look, "I'm fine. I just.. Need rest."

JiU twisted the knob and locked herself in the room, also blocking the sunlight from entering through the curtains. She sat right at the edge of her bed and dialed a number. She stuck her phone on her ear and waited until someone on the other end answered.

"Hello?"

"I can't get it out of my head."

"JiU? What happened?"

"The memories, I can't seem to stop it.."

"Calm down, it's not real JiU."

"But it felt real!"

There was a sigh on the other side. "Okay JiU, listen to me. Let it go. Breath in, take it easy. You're with your friends right? Talk to them."

"It only makes it worse. Doc, it's stuck."

"JiU, you can do it. Find a way to fight it. I have an appointment soon, text me everything you need to talk about."

The call ended. JiU sighed in disappointment and stress. She held her forehead and felt the warmth it radiated.

Knock knock.

JiU looked up. "May I come in?" Gahyeon's head peeked out from the door what she held ajar. JiU nodded. "I can't help but overhear your conversation, but I'm not going to make fun of you or anything!" Gahyeon fixed herself before JiU said anything.

"N-No, it's fine," she quietly whispered, laughing at her reaction. Gahyeon smiled and hopped beside her unnie after shutting the door. "JiU, what's going on? You can talk to us about it, Siyeon and I."

"I didn't want you to feel guilty for the past. I.. It's gotten to me and I'm trying to get out of it, so I don't want it to happen to you guys."

"Unnie, we're stronger than you think. As a leader, it's always okay to ask their teammates for help sometimes. Being a leader doesn't mean you're alone leading a group, it also means you've always got people by your side."

JiU looked to Gahyeon's eyes and saw it sparkle a bit, just like the old days. "How did you get over it?" JiU asked, hands wrapped around herself. Gahyeon sat there, sighing to herself and thinking how the most affected person could survive. Gahyeon softly gave an exhale, "To be honest, it hasn't really left my mind. I want my members back as much as you do, but.. I know someone's gonna be on the other side if I need them --- you guys."

"You make it sound so easy," JiU chuckled sarcastically. "Unnie, the damage is done but what you feel shouldn't be permanent. All the hate and revenge.. Someday you'll have to let that all go." Gahyeon took her hand and put it over her unnie's shoulder. She smiled and her body quickly wrapped around JiU's body and hugged her. "I trust that you'll find a way, and we'll be here for you all throughout."

JiU, feeling all the sincerity and warmth Gahyeon emanated, suddenly linked her arms too. "Thank you," she muttered, tearing up slowly.

Gahyeon hugged her back despite the shock. "Unnie, it's okay to talk to us, alright? Whenever, whatever."

The hug was let go. JiU nodded slowly and giggled. "Now, why don't we just go get some air and head out?"

JiU nodded cutely and leaned into Gahyeon's shoulder before standing up.