Chapter 14

His foot tapped the floor multiple times, almost irritating each staff working there. He clicked his tongue multiple times like he was expecting something bigger or something else. Then the door broke out, emerging with two people.

"Sir---"

"You tell me now, where are my members? Where is Gahyeon?" a feminine voice, frightened and shivering, blurted out.

"Sorry sir, she escaped without us looking."

Jin took up a hand and reassured the other it was alright. He turned to the girl. "Handong, Gahyeon.. Gahyeon will be just fine." He turned to the others behind him in the room, seeing that worry and anxiety in their eyes, identifying the lie in that statement. Jin turned back. "We'll get her out, but for now, we need to keep you safe and in good condition."

"I feel perfectly fine!"

"You have to be patient."

Then another person entered the room. "Sir," he walked over to his ear, "he's here."

Jin gasped. He fixed his vest and excused himself from Handong and the rest. He put a hand on her shoulder. "It's all fine."

Gahyeon's body was once again thrown off. All the blues and reds had taken over her body. It felt like drowning but worse with more physical activity --- falling maybe. Her body was shivering. The bracelet was not working either, constantly beeping red and green, yet Gahyeon could not simply force her eyes open to break free from this dream. She was trapped but it was a much different place than before when Handong was alone. It was like everytime she tried to get out, she would fall faster and get at least a scratch.

"HELP!" she screamed, hoping the team could get her out.

Her environment felt cold, but humid too. There were lights but no sight of where she was. She was just stuck in a dark room, getting sensations of falling again and again. She stood up in the center of everything; then the beeping stopped.

"P-Please no.. Work, come on bracelet, work!" she sighed in frustration. She gasped in more oxygen and then tightened her fist. "Get me out!" she screamed while throwing her body to what seemed like a wall. What felt weird was not the pain that came due to the colliding, but the feeling that her body did not feel any wall and the floor she was standing on had disappeared. She was falling again.

"Not again.."

She felt like her body had totally given up on her. The expressions being expressionless and her body unable to move. It was fear all over again. Fear, tears, sorrow, loss: the feelings of losing everything.

Her heart beat accelerated as she felt the ground coming in close, the air rushing through her hair; all so neverending, why? She braced herself, nearly fainting in the quick altitude change. Quickly before hitting the ground, she felt something grasp her hand and a memory.

"IT WAS YOUR FAULT WE'RE IN HERE!"

"No.. NO!"

Her body propelled itself forward and she heard a group of people exclaim in panicked joy with the ringing. "Get a medic! She's out!" One of the staff calmed her down and held her hand to check her vitals. "Gahyeon, calm down, can you hear me?"

"Y-Yes," she murmured, still hearing a high-pitched ringing. "Good, we'll get you to the other room, stay with us," one said while holding Gahyeon's hand as she gets up.

"H-How am I out?"

"We don't know but we're glad you are."

"Dong unnie?"

"She's fine too. We'll run some tests on you to make sure you're good to go."

Gahyeon's eyes shut itself, overwhelmed with the fatigue and pain. Who's voice was that? Was that the cause of her getting out? Was it that one in a million chance of a shocked getaway?

Before she knew it, her checkup was all ready and she was confronted with Jin. "A word in private with Miss Lee," he came in and cleared the room.

"Whh couldn't I get out? I thought you said it was safe."

"No, something's not right. I'm sorry, Gahyeon, I have no excuse."

"What about the others then?"

"We'll have to see about them but.. How did you get out?"

Gahyeon stayed silent. She did not know for sure what did, she could recall that she was about to crash into the ground with rocket speed, but a voice and a touch. The voice and the touch sounded and felt familiar, but she could not decipher what or who it belonged to.

"I see." He stood up. "Get some rest, I'll find out what's going on here." He walked out slowly before Gahyeon stopped him. "Don't you dare lose them."

Jin paused and froze. He nodded and walked out to the room across. "What do you have?"

"Well so far so good, I guess," the man sitting on the desk replied. "Gahyeon just came back, no side effects but.. She heard a voice."

"Voice?"

"A familiar voice and touch, she said."

The other guy processed. "I'll work on it."

Jin smiled and walked out the door. "Thanks, Namjoon."