Chapter 6 - Clark's Truth

The sound of Bruce's cell phone getting a text woke him from a deep sleep. He glances at (Name) sleeping soundly naked next to him and he smiles softly. He gently reaches out and moves some hair out of her face so he could admire her sleeping form. After what had happened with her finding out he was Batman, he had been worried that things like this wouldn't happen again. That she wouldn't trust him enough.

She had proven his worries wrong. He had thanked Diana for the advice after everything had settled. Of course, she was more than happy to help. Bruce silently rolls over to reach out to his nightstand and grab his phone. Unlocking it he sees a text from Diana and his brow furrows. Reading the contents, he lets out a heavy sigh. Clark knew.

If Clark knew, it was almost time to reveal everything he and Connor found out about what Lois had done. There was more than enough evidence proving that (Name) had told him the truth. The more Bruce thought about how Clark had treated her when she told him the more infuriated, he became. How could Clark be so stupid. Everyone knew (Name) didn't lie. It was one of her best qualities.

Setting his phone back on the nightstand he rolls back over to wrap his arm tightly around her waist. He gently pulls her closer so that she was nestled against his side. Bruce was going to have to tell her about what he was going to do with Clark. She had told him not to worry about it all, but Bruce couldn't help it, He wanted to clear her name. Clark also needed to know the truth.

Bruce is pulled from his thoughts by the sight of someone standing on his balcony. His head shoots towards the windows to see Clark standing there with a pained expression on his face. Bruce looks back at (Name) and gently kissing her forehead slips away from her and rolling over tosses the covers back. He almost forgot he was naked for a moment when he reaches out to grab his robe.

Slipping his arms through the sleeves he closes it around his waist and tying the strap makes his way to the door. Opening it he slips outside and says, "Not here, meet me in the study."

Clark's brow furrows as he looks past the dark knight into the room to see a familiar head of hair laying peacefully in the man's bed. Clark feels his anger rise as he turns back to look at Bruce.

"Do not wake her up." Bruce warns as he narrows his eyes at his friend. "I'll meet you in the study."

And with that Bruce closes the door and glancing at (Name)'s sleeping form smiles softly before he heads down the stairs to where Clark was probably already waiting steaming with anger.

Walking into the Study he sees Clark staring out the window and Bruce sighs.

"Clark, sit down." Bruce says as he walks over to sit in his office chair.

"How long Bruce?" Clark asks not moving from his position by the window.

"A few months now."

"Just a few months?" Clark scoffs as if he is insinuating that it has been longer.

"Yes, we met in the diner she was working at. We started dating soon after that." Bruce answers honestly.

"You expect me to believe that?" Clark argues and Bruce feels his anger start to rise.

"I'll leave the cheating to you." Bruce states making Clark furrow his brows as pain and regret fills his eyes. "Look Clark, I don't want to fight."

"Why her Bruce?" Clark asks pain filling his eyes.

"Why not?"

"You knew better than anyone how I felt about her." Clark replies his voice cracking.

"You ruined your relationship with her all on your own Clark."

"I know I hurt her. I didn't mean too." Clark says as she slowly moves to sit down in the chair opposite Bruce.