o n e

Charlotte ParkerFlashback: Brooklyn; 2012, Attack of NY

Charlotte Parker
Flashback: Brooklyn; 2012, Attack of NY

I wasn't getting much sleep; recently Ive been thinking about Steve, thinking he was dead. The last time I saw him was when I compelled him to forget about me in 1943.

When I became a vampire and had to run from my witch family; they had thought I betrayed them for becoming a vampire. I tried to explain to them that Damien saved me from dying by getting shot by hydra; but they just told me that they'd rather me die than become an abomination against nature against their beliefs.

"You okay?" Celeste asks, looking at her; her face was full of worry. Spending almost seventy years with Damien and Celeste; having them teach me how to control being a vampire, them being by my side and running from my family with me, showed me they cared for me deeply. They were family to me.

"Uh—. I—. Yeah, just tired is all." I smiled at her. I made coffee for the three of us and walked towards the living room; grabbing for the remote I turned on the TV. I flicked through channels until I saw a news channel reporting about an alien invasion of some sort. The Avengers? Superheroes?

People were thanking them; for saving them. I saw people wearing shirts of them; one shirt looked familiar. It was a shield. No way. A woman was giving an interview, saying she wanted to thank Captain America for saving her. I gasped and dropped my mug; it shattered as it hit the ground. I inhaled shakily as I sat down on the couch.

"Oh my God! What happened, are you okay?" Celeste rushed next to me with towels, picking up the broken glass mug. I helped her clean up the mug and the spilt coffee.

I turn to look at her. "He's Alive." I went to throw out the mug and towels. I leaned back on the couch. I felt relieved but also confused. How the hell is he still alive and kicking ass?

"Steve? The guy you saw before we left in 1942?" Celeste asked.

"Yeah." I chuckled.  I grabbed my laptop off the coffee table. I typed 'Captain America' in the search bar.

Steven Grant Rogers, also known as Captain America was a World War 2 Veteran; born on July 4th, 1918. He was rejected multiple times from serving the United States Army for having too many health issues. Rogers volunteered for Project Rebirth and injected with the Super Solider Serum developed by Abraham Erskine under the Strategic Scientific Reserve. the serum greatly enhanced his physical abilities to superhuman levels. After Erskine's assassination SSR Chester Philips doubted Rogers and was relegated to perform in war bond campaigns, where he posed as a patriotic mascot under the name Captain America.