t w e n t y t h r e e

third person's pov; One Year Later, Miami, Florida

Charlotte sighed as she laid on a lounge chair next to the hotel pool she was staying at with Everleigh and Amelia. They too have turned of their humanity and the three best friends are doing amazing. On the other hand, Steve was trying to chase after his now ex-girlfriend as mainly Charlotte left a trail of dead bodies from New York to Virginia to Florida.

"Don't you think your friends would be looking for you?" Everleigh asked nervously causing Charlotte to scoff.

"No, they won't." She laughed dryly as her phone rang. It was Steve calling for the millionth time. She rolled her eyes and clicked the decline button.

"If you're trying to ignore someone, next time let it ring instead of declining it right away." Steve spoke up from behind them. Charlotte sat up and whipped her head around to look at the super soldier through her sunglasses. Steve walked around and sat at the edge of Charlotte's lounge chair.

"You need to come home, now." Steve ordered. "We miss you." Charlotte scoffed.

"I'm good, Steven." She laughed dryly.

"You know, when the old you told me no humanity you is ruthless and a bitch, I didn't believe it at first." He paused. "I was wrong not the believe it."

"Listen, I got better things to do than worry about dead people we cant get back. I would like to enjoy my time before my mother, if shes even still alive to find me." Charlotte paused. "If shes alive and does find me. I'll kill her." She shrugged, taking a sip of her alcoholic beverage. Steve was getting more angered with her. He missed the old her dearly and just wanted her back.

He looked at Everleigh and Amelia to see they were worried. He knew that they didn't turn off their humanities and they just wanted to watch over Charlotte. He got up and walked away, pulling out his phone and texting both girls in a groupchat.

I have vervain. Get her drunk and
let me know what bar you're at tonight.

The girls agreed and sent him their locations. Steve felt relieved as he went to the hotel where him and Natasha were staying.

"Is she okay?" Nat sat up from the couch as soon as Steve walked through the door.

"She doesn't give a fuck about us. But Everleigh and Amelia are going to help us and we're going to bring her home." Steve explained to Natasha. "Listen, she's ruthless without her humanity. Don't show any weakness or she'll use it against you.

~

Later that night the three best friends got ready to go to a bar. They walked in and went straight towards the bar to order drinks. Natasha and Steve walked into the bar; spotting the three girls but keeping their distance.

Charlotte went onto the dance floor and started dancing with some random guy. Their bodies were pressed together as they grinded on each other. She wrapped her arms around his neck as she compelled him.

"Don't move. Don't scream." She ordered as she dove down to his neck and started drinking his blood. Steve watched from afar as she did this, out of both anger and jealousy. She pulled away from his neck. "Go away and forget about this." She compelled the stranger once more before he walked off.

She quickly went back to the bar an grabbed a bottle of bourbon. She downed half of it and grabbed Everleigh's hand, dragging the girl to the dance floor. They began to dance and sway to the music as Charlotte pulled the girl closer by her waist.

She looked up at Everleigh as they smashed their lips onto each others. Charlotte pulled her closer to her as Everleigh placed her hands on Charlotte's cheeks. Charlotte shoved her tongue into the girls mouth making her gasp. Charlotte pulled away and smirked towards Steve and Natasha as their mouths were gaped open ajar. Charlotte wasn't stupid, she knew they were there to stop her from having her fun.

Steve walks over to the girl angrily; grabbing her wrist and dragging her away. As they passed the bar, she quickly grabs the bottle of bourbon she was drinking. He takes her up to the roof top.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" She spat as he lets her go.

"You need to stop all these games and come home!" Steve yells.

"Oh, come on, Stevie." Charlotte fake pouted as she walked closer to Steve. Dragging her pointer finger down his chest slowly. "I'm way more fun this way and we both know it." She whispered with a smirk then took a swig of the bourbon. Steve rolled his eyes and grabbed her wrist tightly.

"Enough, Charlotte." He ordered causing her to chuckle.

"Oh, come on. I always get what I want." She looked up at him and bit her lip. Charlotte leans up and presses her lips to Steve's. He grabs her face to deepen the kiss. Nat comes from behind Charlotte and injects the vervain into her.

Charlotte gasped for air as she pulled away from the kiss. Steve held her body up as it went limp. Nat and Steve carried a passed out Charlotte with Amelia and Everleigh following them.

They got into the car and drove back to the compound. Steve had carried her into the compound  towards a chamber that they had used for Bruce in case he turned into the hulk. Just to be extra safe, Steve and Natasha went to Mystic Falls and got advice on how to handle a vampire with no humanity from Alaric, Elena, Caroline and Damon and a huge safe to put her in.

Steve threw an unconscious Charlotte into the safe and locked it. He left the chamber and locked it as well.

"We're going to have to tourture her to get some type of an emotion out of her." Steve said to the three girls. Natasha sighed sadly, she didn't want to put her best friend in any type of pain. Everleigh and Amelia agreed to it, knowing what its like to deal with someone without their humanity.

"How long will this take?" Natasha questioned nervously.

"Days. Months. Even years. Depends on how stubborn she'll be to turn it on." Amelia answered.

"Lets get to work then." Steve ordered.