Chapter sixteen: The art of War.

The manor was beautiful on the outside but on the inside it was extraordinary. The white manor ceiling with intricate paintings and golden vines all over the walls. Every five steps there were flowers. Red roses in the white place. It was magical, we looked around the hall connecting to the giant staircase. I have to say even though I was raised in a castle that was one of the most beautiful one in the kingdom. This manor still will be my number one.

Two guards took us upstairs, it was a hall and in the middle there was a red and golden chair. Not a throne but a chair. Heavy and with design that was hard to ignore. Golden vines all over the armrest. Allerick, Ferial and I stood in the middle of the hall and I saw the young boy standing next to the chair. He was maybe around my age. His hair was as white as the snow, and his skin was as pale as if he was suffering from the cold. But, he seemed warm enough underneath all that white fur and gold tunic. It was hard to imagine we were related. I was warm skinned and I had dark hair. But, here he was. He was supposed to be my uncle yet we did not look alike. I mean, he was a distant cousin of mother's, but they still had the same blood.

I took a step and bowed my head a little. It was not how it was supposed to be done. I outranked him. But, we were here as envoys of our kingdom. We had to be respectful. He seemed to have been shocked with my actions. He climbed the small stairs and stood in front of me. I looked at him and tried my best to smile. He kept looking. I was wondering what he was thinking. Was he going to betray me?. But, then after a few moments he smiled.

Baron Baird: Welcome to Callisto, my niece!

I slowly led out my breath.

Luna: Uncle. I thank you for receiving us within such short notice.

Baron Baird: Nonsense! You are family. You can come anytime you want.

He finally seemed to have noticed Allerick behind me. He walked past me and bowed to Allerick.

Baron Baird: Your Majesty!. Welcome to Callisto.

Allerick: We thank you, Baron.

Baron Baird: When I heard about you two. I knew I needed to see you.

Luna: Ba-Uncle. I need to talk to you about my father.

Baron Baird: Yes, my dear. But, first let's get you two some food and change of clothes.

We were ushered into the room upstairs. I asked the maid to leave me alone in my bath. After she left, I finally closed my eyes. The warm water was relaxing and I did not want to get out. But, I had to. I saw a red gown left out on the bed. After putting on the dress, I immediately regretted my decision of dismissing the maid. I could get the last lace string on the back. I hoped someone would be outside but there was no one as I peeked through the door. I was about to close the door when I saw Allerick came out of his room across the hall. He spotted me. But, I wished he didn't.

He seemed to have figured out I needed something. He walked up to my door and whispered if I needed something.

Luna: I need someone to tie the strings of this dress.

Allerick: I do not know where everyone is.

Luna: Do you know where Ferial is?.

Allerick: No. She must have stayed downstairs.

He was hesitant but he looked at me and asked.

Allerick: If you give me the permission, I can help you.

I did not know what to say. So, I just nodded. And, he walked inside.

Allerick: I promise I will close my eyes.