CHAPTER 08: THE MYSTERIOUS BOOK LOVER

Yuri starts to approach me. Why is that? I am panicking right now? Wait, why? She is just gonna come closer, that's all. I am so nervous about Yuri. She is an expert about literature, especially when it comes to books. I prepared for her attack. Here goes nothing.

Yuri: "Thanks for keeping your promise, Haruno. And coming back to the Literature Club. I hope this isn't too overwhelming of a commitment for you."

Phew. I thought she's gonna lecture me or something. Or hate me for not being interested enough for literature. And here I am, overthinking. Why would I be scared to a beautiful girl?

"Ahh, don't mention it. I'm alright here."

Yuri: "Making you dive headfirst into literature when you are not accustomed to it."

Oh no, I guess she's thinking about what I said last time. The girl's talk finishes then Natsuki butts in.

Natsuki: "Oh come on! Like he deserve any slack. Sayori told me you didn't even want to join any clubs this year. And, last year too!"

What? So I am not here last year? So why am I saying those things in my mind like last time? And Sayori knows? I shrug it off for now. I'll ask Sayori about that later.

Natsuki: "I don't know if you plan to just come here and hang out, or what... But if you don't take us seriously, then you won't see the end of it."

Here comes Monika to join the conversation too. Is she going to lecture me like Natsuki here?

Monika: " Natsuki, you certainly have a big mouth for someone who keeps her manga collection in the clubroom."

Oh my Juice! Her look with that smug face on. She burn Natsuki into crisp. Hahaha. Sorry Natsuki, I am still your friend but I am gonna laugh this one out.

Natsuki: "M-M-M-"

She finds herself stuttering between the words "Monika" and "Manga". Help! I am going to bust a loud laugh if you guys don't stop.

"M-M-Motherfucker! Manga is Literature!"

"Oh heck yeah it is. But watch the profanity."

What is with these girls and their profanity? Even I get involved. Weird. I don't swear that much too. Or it's because I can show them my real nature like everyone else does?

Natsuki must be pretty mad, it is like I can see steam coming out from her ribbons. Experiencing defeat, she plops back to her seat.

"Hey, come on Natsuki? Let's talk about manga some more."

She refuses to speak to me, for now that is. Oh well, I'll just ask her next time if she likes Sailor Moon or any other magical girl manga.

Sayori: "Don't worry guys~ He may not look like it, but Haru always give his best as long as his having fun! He helps me with busy work without me even asking. He even cleans my room and cook for me."

Yuri: "How dependable."

Of course, I just can't stand that, Sayori.

"Sayori, that's because your room is always so messy. I am so suprised you used to crawl out of that pile every morning. And when you tried cooking once, how can you even set fire on water, huh!? I thought your house is gonna burn at that point."