Will You Shut Up And Let Me Tell The Story

Once the children and Kya had left everyone else went off to do their own thing, Toph was off making statues of herself with Zuko trailing behind trying to explain why it is illegal - not that she'd listen or care-, Batarr was gardening while Izumi and Bumi were shopping together. That left the two Beifong sisters to spend the day together uninterrupted, Lin helped Su clear the plates from the table after breakfast while they talked, just catching up.

"So you and Kya.."

"Kya and I"

"How long have you two been living together?"

Lin knew this question would come up but she also knew how her sister would react which is why she kept it a secret, that and its Lin, when does she ever share details about her private life.

"Like we said last night since Kya moved up to Republican city."

"Okayyyy so spill, tell me all about it!" Su giggled excitedly like a schoolgirl.

"Well it was just supposed to be for one of Kya's two-week visits, shed been staying with me when she visited for a while but this time it was in the middle of the night and she just said that she needed to get away from home for a while and obviously I let her stay with me-"

"Obvious cause you're in love with her," Su interjected.

"Obvious because I wasn't going to make her sleep on the streets," Lin glared at her younger sister while Su just smiled, Lin rolled her eyes with a growl before continuing."So after the two weeks, I asked her when she was going to leave-"

"Because you wanted her to go, or because you wanted her to stay," No one had ever asked Lin such direct personal questions before, it was unnerving but because no one had asked the thought hadn't crossed her mind. She was shocked into silence, stunned by the weight of her sister's question.

"I'm going to take your silence as a yes to the whole wanting her to stay thing and kindly ask you to continue because I'm invested in this now!'' Su said, excitement rising in her voice.

"She asked if she could stay with me for a bit longer just until she figured out what she wanted to do, said she just couldn't be there right now, I didn't push any further but let her know she was always welcome here, whenever she said wanted for however long she wanted."

"Because you're in love with her"

"Su, I am not, will you shut up and let me tell the story?" Lin asked obviously lying but more obviously irritated.

"Fine but I wanna hear the story about when she first started staying with you." Lin sighed knowing there was no winning and sat down on one of the empty dining chairs while Su sat on the table, hugging one of her legs in anticipation and excitement while the other leg dangled off the table swinging like a dog's tail wags.