Chapter 1

You'd think New Years eve in New York would be nice and peaceful - think again. Standing in Macys was getting to be too much. I glance around hoping to see at least a glimpse of my red headed friend. Yet again no luck - GOD! I give up, I curse the after Christmas sales, and walk out of the department store pissed off. As soon as I walk out of the store I am welcomed with the cold air and a hot liquid poured down my torso.  'Watch where your going asshole!' I curse looking down at my maybe, maybe not ruined dress. My mid thigh burgundy wool dress has a huge liquid stain on it. Damn.  A guy of about 19/20 is in front of me with not only a look of guilt plastered onto his face but a Starbucks paper cup with the lid off. This is what the actual lid is for - to prevent these kind of things from happening! Looking at him more closely he has beautiful green eyes and brown hair peeping out of a blue and red Christmas hat. He's wearing a plain red jumper, jeans and snow boots - perfect for the busy snow covered streets. He looks out of place, the complete opposite to us sun deprived New Yorkers because he looks extremely tanned - we're in New York not Spain or something! I look back up at his guilt ridden face. Sighing I shake my head. 'You know what? Don't apologize. Goodbye,' I walk back into the shop trying to cover my red face with my dark blonde hair -the embarrassment obvious on my face. Also trying to cover the hand sized stain with my leather jacket - how I'm not cold is beyond me. I walk straight to the public toilets and start to work on my dress with the hand dryers. 5 minutes later and the only evidence of a spill is the obvious smell of coffee. Ah well. I make my way out texting Ariana on the way out - where was she?  I soon get a reply: Hey dimps I'm in the sale part of the store! CAUSE THAT WASN'T OBVIOUS AT ALL! If only it was that easy because not only is half the store on sale their isn't much limited personal space. I respond on my iPhone typing so fast my thumbs hurt. Turns out she's looking at gifts for her boyfriend Jai. He's a Janoskian or something? I dunno. He arrived yesterday for New Years, only two days to go! He came over with his brother Beau, considering she didn't want to pay for shipping to Australia because 'it wouldn't get there on time' she has decided to get him something in the sale. I walk for an odd five minutes doing the necessary shoves and pushes till I see her.  My best friend has bright red hair - by red I mean the actual colour red. She's like me except I'm dirty minded and she's innocent. Like completely innocent. She self consciously straightens her parka over her white vest top and and light wash jeans and acts like she knows full well what she's doing. I know her too well, standing next to her I point out a pack of men's beanies perfect for her boyfriend. They cost 30 dollars, which considering they're definitely not a cheap brand, it's almost a too good to be true price. She turns towards me and hugs me and luckily me wearing my 6 inch heeled ankle boots this makes me feel more comfortable because at the moment I'm taller than her. She prefers hugging tall people anyway. But being in New York - the city of push and shove, I am a complete klutz in  heels. 'Your going to love Beau,' Ariana pulls away smiling. She grabs the last pack of the beanies and grabs my hand making a beeline for the tills. God the queues big. We line up and after what seems to be forever we're being served by an extremely cute sales assistant called - Todd? Odd name for a cute guy. He has brown hair the colour of his eyes, making him cute. He's not hot but he's cute. Definitely not the kind of guy you want to do dirty things to. Therefore the complete opposite to the guy who decided to pour coffee down me outside Macy's. Hey, at least it weren't McDonald's coffee, that stuffs a bitch to get out of clothing. I told you I was a klutz. Ariana pays for the beanies, and walks out of the store, me following her like the lost puppy I am. She's only half a year older than me but somehow I'm a lot more mature. Bullshit. Absolute bullshit! That was a straight up lie. We walk back to our apartment in record time. We walk in, take off our coats, shoes and then then throw ourselves onto our sofa.  'Don't forget Dimps - dinner tonight with Jai and Beau,' she yawns, signalling she's tired. She lays her head down on a pillow and falls to sleep instantly. Checking the time, I work out I can have abour 2 hours off sleep. God Macy's was difficult. I get up, trying to not wake up sleeping beauty, and walk to my bedroom. I open the door, taking in the tidiness and blueness of my room. I walk over to my bed and instantly crawl underneath the covers not caring about anything but sleep. I close my eyes, submitting to the darkness. I love sleep.