Chapter 4

I wake up to my alarm screeching the cheesy words of I'm Sexy and I know it - possibly the only song that will wake me up this early in the morning. I turn it off, glaring at the red numbers flashing on its screen; 4:00am. I stand up too fast, giving myself a head rush, making me fall on my bed. Damn. My phone starts playing my new favourite song – Addicted To Love by Florence and the Machine – signaling a phone call. I pick it up and press accept knowing who it is straight away.

‘Calm down, I’m up.’ I mumble into the receiver.

‘Well I guessed that – is someone grumpy in the morning?’ I walk past the mirror on my wall and freeze.

‘Eurgh.’ I moan, taking a look at my appearance.

‘I knew it’

‘Uh huh, course you did Beaujob.’

‘LUKE!’ He shouts, sending my ears ringing. I walk out into the hallway, proceeding to Arianas room.

‘Well Beau it was lovely talking to you but I must get ready for a shitty long flight that might possibly kill me – but hey there is the sun to look forward to. So bye!’ I hang up, running into Arianas room. ‘ARIANA GRANDE GET YOUR FAT ASS OUT OF- hey you’re up!’ My now brown headed friend is on her laptop. I sit next to her on her bed to see she’s speaking to Jai. ‘Hey Jye.’ I say winking.

‘I don’t like you.’ He mumbles, narrowing his eyes at me.

‘Meh, who cares?’ I reply jumping up off the bed. ‘You’ I point to Ariana her brows are raised waiting for some form of command. ‘Be ready in an hour. OK?’ She nods and returns to her video call. ‘Oh whatever!’ I huff, stomping out of her room. I walk into the kitchen, grab a bowl, milk carton, spoon and the box of cheerios. Swallowing down two bowls I remember that two weeks ago Beau was in this kitchen- Shit its half four! I run into my room and pull an outfit out of my draws – something suitable for flying and sunny Australia. Leggings, a grey tank top with a knot, my grey converse, and my denim jacket. I change, and then scrape my hair into a messy bun. Deciding on minimum make up, I put some mascara, nude eye shadow, and my new Dr Pepper lip balm. How I haven’t swallowed that is beyond me.

I check the time – ten minutes to go. I pull out my phone and dial a taxi, so hopefully by the time Arianas done and dusted the taxi will be here. I grab my suitcase and wheel it to the front door mentally checking its inventory as I roll it. I grab my phone off the side and scroll through texts from my parents, and Beau.

Don’t die on the plane – Beau

Thank you for making me feel oh so much better! Is this your weird twisted way of saying you miss me? – Belle

In a way – Beau

Well I miss you too – Belle

And I repeat do not die on the plane – Beau

Giving him the silent treatment I turn my phone off. I hear a honk, and I look out the window of our apartment – taxi mans here! And just in time, as Ariana wheels her own suitcase into the living room, her outfit a lot more ‘sunnier’ than my own, in her shorts, baggy top and wedged sandals. Hm.

‘I hate security!’ I announce, buckling my seatbelt.

’16 hours,’ Ariana sighs.

‘I am not that bad.’

‘Much.’

‘Now my little muffin we have 16 hours – what are we going to do?’

‘I’m sleeping.’ She plugs her earphones into her ears falling straight to sleep. Hm. I pull out my iPod and start on a book – not forgetting to put it on airplane mode first. I start reading Pride and Prejudice, instantly getting bored. The film is so much better. I scroll through my photos, family, me, friends, me, beau, and me? Am I honestly that vain? This is going to be a long flight.