Chapter 7

‘Belle…’ Ariana whispers. I turn in my seat and face her.

‘Don’t.’ I say, sternly. I put my earphones in and turn the music up, looking out at Australia, and saying goodbye to it.

When Beau dropped me and Ariana off she gave us a few minutes to ourselves and left, leaving me and Beau in the awkward silence. We didn’t say goodbye. We said see you later. Goodbye was one of those words that always seemed to make things worse. I’m not saying everything is fine now, it’s just… I wish I could be spending my day with him, and not on this plane. I fiddle with the hem on Beaus shirt, he’s let me keep it and I know I will end up sleeping in it more times than I probably should but… A tear falls down my face, and I wipe it away, whilst swallowing the lump in my throat. I hate it, I hate this…

We fasten our seatbelts, ready for takeoff.

I walk into the apartment, and head straight for my room. I hate flights. I throw my suitcase on the floor, and change into my dance kit. Ariana knocks on my door but I ignore her, wanting to be alone.

‘Belle.’ She persists. I ignore her still, and grab my duffel bag, filling it with items needed to stay overnight. I open the door to a shocked Ariana. I ignore her cries and walk out the door heading for the studio.

I walk into the studio, not feeling the chill despite not wearing a coat. I sign in and head to the class I’m supposed to be teaching, knowing full well Aunt Tanya is going to be teaching it, as after all I am supposed to be in Australia. I walk into the dance studio, containing just Tanya. Her graying blonde hair is pulled into a ponytail and she’s wearing her normal dance kit – leggings, trainers, and vest.

‘Belle?’ She questions. I nod, and smile. ‘Aren’t you supposed to be in Australia?’

‘Can I stay at yours tonight?’ I cut to the chase, she smiles and nods worry etched onto her face.

‘So she literally made you come back?’ I nod, crying silently into my hot chocolate. We’re sitting in the front room of her large house, drinking hot chocolate in front of the fire. Something we do every time I stay. ‘What did Beau say?’

‘He understood.’ I sobbed. I put my mug down and cry into my hands. Tanya pulls me into a hug and reassuringly rubs circles into my back.

‘Are you two still together?’ She asks, pulling back.

‘I honestly don’t know.’ I shrug my shoulders.

I pull out my keys and open the door to mine and Arianas flat. I walk in and hear Ariana speaking to someone.

‘… I told you I don’t know!’ She sounds annoyed. I hang my bag up, and peek my head around the corner. Holy. Shit.

‘Beau?’ He turns to me and grins.

‘Hey princess.’ He breathes. I walk to him and he pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck, and hold him as close to me as possible. I let a few tears escape, and pull back to wipe them away. I look between Ariana and Beau.

‘How? What?’ I grin.

‘I realized that I shouldn’t have forced you to do something you didn’t want to do. The reason me and Jai broke up is because we’re different. I still love him but…’ She shrugs her shoulders, and I pull her in for a hug. We pull back and I look over to Beau.

‘Now what?’ I ask.

‘Starbucks time.’ He smiles.