Sister Part 6

"King-?!" Callum started but the Rayla look a like shoved him through the seaweed doors and he stumbled into a large room. 

The floor was marble with sea lanterns inlaid in the floor, pillars and ceiling, casting the room in a light glow. The room was huge, a glass chandelier hanging in the center with fish swimming all through out it. 

"What is this?!" A deep, powerful voice demanded and Callum lowered his eyes. Shallow steps raised up to a clam thrown. An old merman sat on the cushion, glaring at Callum.

'The king' Thought Callum with a sick jolt. The old merman had a cobalt blue tail, long thick gray hair that flowed past his muscular shoulders and dark green eyes that bore into Callum. 

The king's ring-covered hand reached to the side, and picked up a silver trident. It rested gently in his palm but Callum had no doubt that the king would shish-kabob him if he wanted. 

"Um-" Callum started. "Hi?" He cringed. Oh for the love of treasure he was so awkward. 

The king raised an eyebrow. "What is a human doing here?" He asked, his eyebrows drawing together. Callum gulped as he saw the king grip the trident tighter. 

"M-my name is Callum. I'm a pirate- and I would like help getting to the surface?" 

"Who brought you here?" The merking asked. 

"U-um a mermaid-" Callum said then cringed again. 'No derp Sherlock' He thought. 

Then a small voice came from behind the two males. 

"I did." Callum whipped around and the king raised his head. 

There  ̶s̶t̶o̶o̶d̶   floated the mermaid who had brought Callum here. 

"Lari, what we're you thinking?" The merking asked. The mermaid, Lari, looked down. She started to speak, her voice sounding more like gibberish than real words. 

The merking sighed as Lari stopped talking. "You may take him back to his chamber." 

Lari looked up, squealed and swam over to the king, kissing his cheek like she would her father and then swam back to Callum, taking his hand. 

"Lets go!" She giggled, her voice full of excitment. 

"Wait no not again~!!!" Callum's voice was lost as he was dragged away once again. 

The king sighed and set his trident back. 

If only Rayla was here to see her sister touch a human. 

Authors Note: 

>=3