Chapter 25

"Remus you idiot, that was so risky, I cannot believe you would risk getting caught just to shove Virgil into a damn locker! What the hell were you even doing there?!" Janus hissed, looking to be about five seconds away from taking his gloves off and smacking Remus with them.

"I'm sorry! I had to go there anyways! I figured I might as well shove Virgil into a locker while I did it!"

"Did what?!" Janus asked.

"I needed to get the audios!"

"Why the hell was our recorder at school? You know we need those to be distractions for when we rob a store!"

"Yeah, but I needed it at school a few weeks ago to distract the principal while I snuck in and stole her necklace-honestly, she shouldn't just leave it where everyon-"

"Remus, the school has CAMERAS!"

"I put tape over the lens"

Janus sighed, patience running thin, "we're running out of supplies-let's just drop this conversation for now, and go into town to steal food or something. The crappy gas station down the rode from your house closes soon."

————————————————————

After ten minutes passed, Virgil woke up again. He blinked a few times, and slowly sat up.

He snapped his fingers to get the attention of Patton, who was in the room with him.

"Oh my god, he woke back up!" He yelled.

The nurse turned around quickly, flashing her flashlight into his eyes. "His pupils aren't dilated. No concussion...maybe a slight one, but nothing serious. I assume that he fainted from the light, or maybe shock. After being in complete darkness for a day, sudden light could take a little bit of a toll."

"He's okay, thank god" Patton sighed.

The door abruptly swung open, reavealing Remy, who looked quite distraught, "I had to fight the principal to get in here-"

He was cut off by the Principal herself standing behind him, "I can't just let adults come in here un-authorized, if you had just came in and sat down we could've talked like adults."

"I don't have time to be an adult, everyone thought my brother was kidnapped for the past day, and now that I know he was in a damned locker-i'm relieved, well, being in that small of a space for so long sucks, but at least he wasn't being murdered."

Virgil looked up. He wanted to tell Remy he was sorry-then Remy might go on a twelve minute lecture about how it wasn't his fault-but either way, he couldn't. Not with the nurse-and especially the principal in the room.

Actually, not in public either. You never know who's listening. He knew it seemed stupid-but his brain always made up scenarios, and something always held him back from speaking.

Just then, Virgil's stomach growled.

Remy chuckled, "let's get you outta here, V, mom's cooking som-Uh...wait, did anyone tell mom?"

"...Uh, I think I might have texted her..?" Roman chuckled sheepishly.

"Oh shi-you know what, let's just go home, and scare the hell outta her with you" Remy smirked.

"Would you want her to do that to you?" Patton asked.

"Yes, think about how worried you were just minutes ago." Logan agreed.

"You're right" Remy sighed, "i'd flip my cap if she did that to me."

"You're cap-?"

"I'm trying to be more creative, Roman" Remy snapped.

"Okay Virgil, lets go" Remy said.

"Well. I guess we should be off too" Patton said, Linking arms with Roman and Logan.

"Don't forget to hydrate him! Oh, and get some food in that boy, he could pass out or something-he's already real skinny." The nurse called.

"Alright, thanks!" Remy called back as he went through the door with Virgil, whose head spun as soon as he stood up, and made their way to the car.

As soon as they stepped outside, Virgil almost fell over.

He groaned, covering his eyes.

"Are you okay?" Remy asked quickly.

Virgil gave him the 'i've been submerged in darkness for the past day, the sun's a hoe, what do you think?' Look.

Remy slipped his sunglasses off of his face, putting them onto Virgil's.

"Beautiful. Amazing. You look just like me" Remy smirked.

"Holy hell, Remy took off his sunglasses?!" Roman joked.

Remy rolled his eyes, flipping Roman off, and getting into his car.

"Cya later losers!" He called, starting his car and shutting his door.

Remy reached into his brown satchel-purse, pulled out his backup pair of sunglasses, put them on, and began driving.

They made light conversation, Virgil making slight noises of either agreement or disagreement every so often. He didn't feel energized enough to talk.

"Oh hell, I forgot to text mom" Remy muttered, picking up his phone and tossing it to Virgil, "tell her we got you."

Virgil nodded, and informed their mother that he was safe and sound.

Soon after that, they arrived home, and boy, as soon as he opened that door, it was complete and utter chaos.