Story One

First song: 'Wings' by Birdy

I interpret this song as one of longing. Birdy has actually said it's about her friends and family rather than a lover, which I quite like the idea of. 

Basically, this character lost her family somehow, maybe in a tragic accident or they moved away for some reason. I don't know. But she just misses her family so so much, and she's probably looking to fill that hole in their heart/life. She doesn't have fun anymore because of how could she while knowing her family is gone?

Depressing, I know. But also quite interesting. 

Second song: 'Candles' by Juice WRLD

Okay so obviously this guy is hurting and hurting bad. His relationships end terribly because he is of the self-destructive type, whether because of 'self-preservation' or whether he doesn't know it. This person keeps coming back to those self-destructive coping mechanisms, even though he knows it, whether it be drugs like in the song or by other means. He is tired of being heartbroken and feeling like a failure.

Oh my god. Why is this every romance ever?

Third song: 'Candles' by Daughter

Have you noticed how diverse/depressing my music taste is yet? Yikes. 

This song is very, very sexual if you know how to read between the lines. I take it to mean that the narrator is sexually harassed. 

So now I've got to break down both of the characters discussed above and see how this situation might happen. 

Character 1 is looking to fill the empty hole in her heart. Very lonely, longing to have a good time, and maybe she goes to a party or club (oh god this is cliche as hell) and attempts to have a good time for once since the accident. (I've determined that they're just recently lost their whole family. This is going to be so depressing oh my god.)

Character 2 on the other hand is already in full-swing self-destructive mode at said party. At this point in time, I've determined he's a druggie. So he's popping the pills, she's being the typical sad girl trynna have fun. 

One of them notices the other and takes them to a secluded place to do the things. And they both decide to go all the way. 

That's what they believe is the end of it. 

They haven't met me though. I'm not a nice writer. I like to put my characters through hell before I've decided they've earned what they desire. 

Character 1 is a sad girl who doesn't trust easily, but she falls hard. Character 2 is definitely the same, maybe even a little bit more so because he's not so desperate to fall back in love. Well, I guess he is, but he just doesn't know it until he spends more time with Character 1. 

There are run-ins with police, sexy times, and a helluva lot of bad decisions. 

Will Character 1 find the missing piece of her heart in Character 2?

Will Character 2 overcome his distaste for women and learn how to fall in love again?

Whatcha think?

We'll see.