Story Two

First song: 'Monday' by Vtto

If you've ever heard this song, you'll know it's all about this dude's flexes. This guy is a superstar. He's worked hard to be in the position he's in, and he's grateful for the people who have helped him along. He knows hard work and what it's like to fail again and again. Which I can respect. In the song, it references divorced parents, so let's give this character some divorced parents, but they divorced when he was little. The only couple he's seen in true, lasting love, are his grandparents. So he definitely believes in love. 

Here we go again with the cliches. Good lord. 

Second song: 'The Only Exception'

Do I even have to explain? 

This one is kind of a two-for-one like we know everything about the girl already, and we know some of the relationship that's to develop between our two characters. I hope the third song gives me some sort of plot twist because this is so boring. 

Anyway, the girl is a pessimistic cynic, who's seen with her own two eyes that love is just a temporary thing with her parents' messy divorce. She's never gone out of her way to look for love or to try to prove herself wrong because she doesn't have to. Every relationship she's seen has ended. However when she meets that certain someone, her ideals start to change, and she has a hard time with that. She keeps her heart locked up in an iron cage, determined not to let anything hurt her. That doesn't mean she doesn't have fun or flings, but she already knows it's going to end, so she doesn't really care too much. 

The third song that played was Avril Lavigne's 'Keep Holding On,' but I'll be damned if I let that be the base of the relationship. It's too easy. 

'A Moment Like This' by Kelly Clarkson? No. Why do I have so many sappy songs on this playlist? I've got to update this sucker. 

'Come As You Are' is the next song that played... Hmm. I'm going to skip this for now, but if you guys have any ideas for this certain part, lemme know!

Third song: 'Naked' by James Arthur

I was going to skip this one, but as I listened to it, I realized how perfect this could be to represent either character's thoughts on the other. 

For Character 2, it could represent how she's finally ready to lay it all out on the line, even when she knows she's screwed up so many times, for this relationship to work. She's ready to take it to the next level.

I think it works even that much better for Character 1's thoughts on Character 2. So I'd imagine they've had some fun times together, maybe gone on a few dates, and maybe they're even like together together, whatever. This is all within Character 1's comfort level, right? She's had a few boyfriends before pushing them away. Then Character 2 is at a point in this relationship where he's ready to take it to the next level. He knows Character 1 is the one for him, and he's told her that plenty of times. He's laying it all out for her to see right through him. He's done waiting for her to fully open up and accept him completely. If she doesn't take him now, he's not going to be wasting his time anymore. 

Interesting. 

I kinda like this. Cliche, but I could easily deviate from the norm with a few twists here and there.

Hmm. 

Will Character 1 be able to unlock Character 2's heart?

Will Character 2 finally give in and let someone show her what love is?

Who knows.