Story Six

Here we go again!

First song: 'His Daughter' by Molly Kate Kestner

This is such a beautiful story in and of itself. This girl is so strong, and I aspire to have her kind of resilience. So this girl has some major daddy issues (#relatable). He was a drunk and maybe even sexually abused her. The lyrics are a little ambiguous about that. The mom just up and left and didn't want to deal with it all. As the girl grew up, she still couldn't get the love she wanted from her father, so she looked for it in other men, and the song implies she became somewhat of a... well... hussy. She winds up pregnant and prays to God to help her, and he sends her a beautiful baby boy who becomes her pride and joy. She gets her act together for her son and lives happily ever after to the age of 99. 

Second song: 'Monkey Wrench' by the Foo Fighters

So this song is about Dave Grohl's split with his wife and his anger at her behind it, so I'm thinking this character that comes from this song has been in a relationship with someone for a long time that's just been seriously deteriorating. Now they're over, and he's a free man. He can do as he pleases without worrying about anyone else's feelings. Life is great for him. There's still some resentment between him and the chick he broke up with, but he'll be damned if he's anyone else's fool. 

Third song: 'Starting Over' by Chris Stapleton

So this song is about two people completely starting over with themselves and taking chances with new people. This is a really simple, but no less beautiful, song that's just about two people who are just saying 'fuck it' and starting over. Don't you think that fits our misfit pair quite well? Me too. 

I really like this concept. Maybe I'll actually use it after I finish the other stories I've yet to finish. Yikes.