6

C H A R L I E

Waking up to Kate's alarm, I groaned. Kate jerked awake with her arm wrapped around my naked body. She shut off her alarm, pulling me closer to her as she peppered kisses on my cheek, making me giggle.

"I don't want to go to that stupid meeting," Kate whined as I rolled over to face her. Her lips found mine as she adjusted herself over me, hovering an inch above me.

"I want to stay in bed with you all day and all night long, fucking you to your limit, but I have to work," Kate said as I feel her lips leaving little kisses all over my face, making me giggle.

"I want that too," I said, finally feeling her lips touch mine.

"Mmm," Kate hummed as I wrapped my arms around her neck, pulling her down on top of me, feeling her soft skin against mine. My mind is still trying to process the sex from last night. Sure I've been with other women, but none like Kate before. She's adventurous, exciting, enticing, and exhilarating because, holy fuck, the places she took me to were places I didn't think I ever needed to visit.

"Mommy, Mommy! I want some pancakes!" Lily comes screaming in, making Kate fly off of me and cover our bodies in record time.

"Why is Charlie in your bed?" Lily asked before Anthony popped up behind her.

"Mommy, it's chocolate-chip pancake Thursday," Anthony announced.

"Wait, why is Charlie in your bed? Did she sleep in it?" Anthony asked as a panicking Kate stuttered, trying to find her words.

"Your mother had a nightmare, so I came in the room to help her sleep better because she was scared, and it worked, so I stayed," I said, looking back and forth between Kate and the kids.

"Oh, well, can we still have pancakes?" Anthony asked, going over the fact I'm naked in bed with his mother. Granted, he can't see us, but because I know we're naked, which gives me newfound anxiety, and now I'm worried they will run their mouths to Audrey, who thinks I'm seeing Dylan. Maybe she'll be more gracious towards me if she thinks I'm seeing the most wanted journalist in the world.

"Yeah, I'll make you guys some," I said, making sure the kids couldn't see my bare shoulders.

"Can you make me one?" Kate asked when the kids ran back out, closing the door behind them.

"They could've seen more skin, and what if they tell Audrey?" I asked, getting out of the bed, grabbing a robe.

"I know, so tonight I'll lock the door, and I don't think they will tell Audrey because they don't spend enough time together," Kate said, getting out of bed herself. I watched her change into a suit. She's so effortlessly hot, and I don't think she realizes it.

"Does this match?" Kate asked with her black button-down open, leaving her tanned skin exposed, her abs on display, giving me a teasing show because she doesn't wear bras, but the shirt is hiding the rest of her chest.

"Yes," I said, my mouth dry as my eyes raked down her body to her grey slacks and black shoes.

"You have a little drool, babe," Kate said, lifting my chin.

"Wanna button these?" Kate asked, referring to her button-down.

"Sure," I said as she kissed me. My hands glided down her bare skin, the unbuckled belt, skimming over the zipper on her pants, down to the buttons of her shirt, slowly buttoning each button as she hoisted me on the counter as her hands pried open the robe. Her hands caressed over the bare skin on my lower stomach, making me moan into her lips.

"Focus now," Kate said, but I'm only on the third button.

"Fuck," I moan as I felt her fingers graze over my core, making me buck my hips.