9

C H A R L I E.

"Okay, okay, no. I say, yeah, I had my fun in my twenties, but I don't think that should define me," Kate told us, slightly drunk.

"That's what I hate about the public. People read bullshit online and believe it, so when I was doing what I was doing, I wasn't thinking because I had no idea my life would take this direction," Kate explains what it's like to have the reputation she has due to her past.

"That is fucked up," Dylan said.

"Yeah, it is," Kate said.

"So do you think your divorce will be another thing linked to your past behavior?" Cleo asked.

Kate sighed, looking down.

"Yes without a doubt, and when I can finally be with Charlie in public, I'm terrified they think I got with someone younger as a rebound," Kate said, making me furrow my brows with worry.

"It shouldn't matter what people think," I started. Kate snapped her eyes at me.

"I mean there are age gap couples that aren't famous and they still get shit for it," I said because it's true.

"And I'm sure they hear things you hear," I said to Kate, who clenched her jaw.

"I know it's scary, but we'll never know until we try," I said, my voice filled with empathy, trying to encourage Kate to see this can be a good thing. Kate smiles at me, nodding.

"You're right," Kate said.

"I'm just glad I made it this far in life," Kate said, her voice tinged with relief and a hint of disbelief at her survival.

The rest of the night continued, and everyone got progressively drunk at Dylan's house party. Finally, Kate and I found ourselves in one of the guest bedrooms, seeking respite from the lively gathering. The room is spinning from how drunk I am.

"Well, I needed tonight," Kate admits, and I chuckle, feeling the warmth of our camaraderie.

"Yeah, me too," I said, stripping off my top. I could feel Kate's eyes on me, making me feel flustered. She was behind me as her hands trailed onto my skin, and her touch was gentle as it glided up my back.

"Kate," I sighed as her fingers grazed the bra clasp. Her lips kissed my bare shoulder, making me gasp as she unhooked my bra. I let it drop as I pressed my back into her as she cupped my breasts.

"Got something new?" Kate asked as she pulled at my nipples.

"Yes," I moaned. Kate chuckled against my skin as she turned me around. Her lips attacked mine as I tangled my fingers in her hair. Her lips fit mine perfectly as I walked us to the bed.

Kate sat me down, still kissing me as I tugged on her belt, undoing it as I popped the button, dragging the zipper down. She chuckled against my lips as she crouched on the carpet. Tugging on my sweats, she pulled them off, exposing my matching thong.

"Fuck, Charlie," Kate groaned, kissing my thighs, leaving me a panting mess. Her fingers were gentle against my skin as they glided up my thighs, pulling on my thong.

"Kate," I whined as she pulled my thong down my legs. Kate kissed me closer to where I wanted her most as I tossed my head back.

"Oh, my god," I groaned, running my hands through Kate's hair, and her tongue was fucking magic.

"Oh, my god," I paraphrased as Kate continued stroking my clit with her tongue, sending me straight to heaven.

"Kate," I groaned as she hooked her arms under my legs. Her large hands spread out on the thighs, holding me in place. Feeling her tongue slither on my clit made it hard to stay quiet.