Chapter Five

ALEXIA

I woke up with a start, my breathe heavy and my heart pounding. I opened my eyes and I was in an unfamiliar room. I scanned the room and the first person I noticed was the pretty girl sitting in the corner. She looked so familiar. I studied her for a moment before realising that she looked a lot like Devon. She ran to my side when she realised that I was awake.
"Are you okay?" She asked slowly.
"Who are you?" I asked.
"I'm Megan, "she said. "Are you okay?"
"I'm fine, I just..." before finishing the sentence I realised something. Today was training day." What time is it?" I asked.
"I don't know, nine-ish ,"she said calmly.
"I'm late for training."I practically screamed. I jumped out of bed not even noticed the lack of an ache on my body. I was confused and dazed but I didn't let that stop me. Someone had changed me from the pyjamas I had worn to sleep into a nice silk nightie. I ignored that fact as I made my way into the bathroom. Megan came hurling after me but I locked the door before she could say anything. I had never been in such a nice bathroom but I didn't have tim to savour it. I took the shortest shower ever and rushed out of the bathroom ignoring Megan's alarming calls. I looked around the room until i spotted a closet.
"Can I borrow your clothes?" I asked and without waiting for a reply I opened the closet and picked out some black cargo pants and a black t-shirt.
"You're not listening to me ,Alexia" Megan said as I threw on the clothes.
"I can't I'm late,"I said making my way to the door ignoring my lack of shoes. "Devon will kill me," I continued as I threw open the door.  I was rushing our when I collided with a very sturdy wall.
"Its Alpha Devon to you,"the wall said coldly.
I looked up at Devon a worried expression plastered on my face. He looked handsome, a little sleep derived but still handsome.
"Please don't kill me, "I mumbled under my breathe. He moved in closer and I shrunk back. He moved his nose slowly around me. Was he sniffing me? Should I be offend because I'm not. Actually I'm a little aroused. A little would be an understatement. 
He moved his nose away from me and began studying me. His gaze was like lazer beams boring holes into my soul. He took my arm into his hand and started studying it. I was just standing there lost in the sea that were his eyes.
"Why are you out of bed?"he said harshly pulling me out of my mental hypnosis.
"I was going to the training. I know I'm late."
"Didn't Megan tell you anything?"he said his gaze landing on the girl behind me.
"Well... "
"There's no training for you, especially after what happened last night, " he said cutting off.
"What do you mean? What happened last night?" I said.
"You don't remember."he said before turning away from me. He was stuck in his head when I turned to Megan.
"What happened last night?" I asked.
"I don't really know but Devon said you went crazy. You were scratching off your skin and screaming really loud," she said like it was a state secret.
"That hasn't happened to me in a long time and," I was saying when I realised that all my wounds were gone." My wounds are usually still there,"I said slowly.
"So this has happened before," Megan said repeating what I'd just said.
"It happens everytime I try to turn," I said.
"So you've never turned," Devon who was finally paying attention said." Has noone ever taught you?" 
"Well, yes. Noone has ever taught me but I don't think anyone else goes through what I do when they try," I said. The expression on Devon's face was unreadable.
"Come with me,"he said before turning.  I was about to follow when he stopped and looked back at me. "Megan ,"he said without taking his eyes off me."get her some shoes."
He walked away leaving me and Megan.
"He's nice," I said trying to break the awkward silence.
"Trust me I know my brother and he is anything but nice,"she said.
"He's your brother. How do you put up with that?" I said not trying to sound offending.
"I don't even know." She said as she moved to the closet and pulled out of pair of black army boots."I can tell though that he likes you,"
"He sure has a funny way of showing it,"I said careful not to give away the butterflies that were forming in my stomach.
"He's like that with everyone who he cares about," she said handing the boots. I put them on and went out.
"Can't keep the Alpha waiting," I said and for some reason calling Devon Alpha felt right.
I followed Megan out of the house or Mansion to be exact. I hadn't been outside in three days so I welcomed the warmth from the sun.
"What do you think he's going to do?" I asked as Megan lead me past another mansion like house into a forest.
"He's probably going to teach you how to shift," she said.
"How's he going to to that ," I asked genuinely curious.
"I seriously don't know, but knowing Devon, you should be scared,"
"Will he hurt me?"
"Let's just say he doesn't really see the line between love and hate," she said as we reached a clearing in the middle of the forest. Devon stood in on corner surrounded by many other people.
We walked over to him in silence.
"She worked you real good , didn't she," the man standing beside Devon said to him as we arrived. The man smiled but Devon wore a serious expression. He actually looked annoyed.
"Devon," Megan said giving him a questioning look.He just ignored her and focused on me.
"How old are you?" He asked coldly.
"I'm twenty-one, "I said.
"Have you ever spoken to your wolf?"
"No."
"Has she ever spoken to you?"
"I don't think so." I said raking my brain for a memory of the sort." Are you going to ask me to try right now ."
"We've already seen how that ends. We are going to force her out."
"How," I asked still confused.
"Your wolf would never abandon you at a time of need," he said but before I could ask what he was talking about, he called up a guy named Brawn. His name fit him perfectly. Brawn was a tall ball of muscles. He was towering a few feet over my head and he was very scary.
"What do you want me to do?" I asked my voice shaking with concern.
"You are going to fight him," Devon said cooly.
"You must be kidding  me right." I said with my gaze locked on him. "I  just escaped one hell hole and you are going to toss me into another," I screamed but before I could do anything, Devon stepped over to me. He stood only inches away from me.
"I'd never let anything like that happen to you again, " he whispered into my ear. He stood over me for another second before turning back. It was like the switch that had flipped in his head had flipped back.
"Because of the things they did to you in your last pack, your mind is very guarded. Its going to be easy if you are  preoccupied. I'm going to enter your mind and bring your shewolf out."he explained.
"Will it work ?" I asked .
"Of course it will," Devon said more to himself than to me. I looked up to him hoping for the slightest bit comfort but he was just as worried as I was. "It has to."