Part 15: Love Language

parkerthepisces is online

princess.velvet:
Hi husband

parkerthepisces:
Hi wife. Did you just get home?

princess.velvet:
Yea, sorry. I had a busy day

parkerthepisces:
It's okay love. Did you have dinner yet?

princess.velvet:
I'm about to

princess.velvet:
Ravioli

parkerthepisces:
Is it that canned stuff again?

princess.velvet:
....yes

parkerthepisces:
I could just make you homemade ravioli

princess.velvet:
U could, but ur not here and I don't mind the canned stuff

parkerthepisces:
Um, babe that just won't do, I'm on my way

princess.velvet:
But u have work tomorrow???

parkerthepisces:
I'm not letting my angel eat garbage

princess.velvet:
Ugh, there's no way to talk u out of it huh?

parkerthepisces:
Nope. I'll be there in an hour

     I grabbed Phoebe's empty bowl along with mine and started washing the dishes I had used to cook dinner for us

  "You don't have to wash the dishes," Phoebe mumbled while hugging me from behind.
  "Go sit down and let me take care of you," I commanded. She sighed before sitting on her futon.
  "What's for dessert?" she asked turning her tv on.
  "Me," I answered. Phoebe shot me an angry look before rolling her eyes.
  "You didn't bring anything," Bee mumbled.
  "Stop being pouty I brought cake," I chuckled. I handed her a slice then sat next to her closely.
  "Thank you for coming over," she said with her mouth full.
  "You're welcome." I placed a kiss on her head which made her face turn a soft shade of red.

   After we nearly ate the entire cake, Phoebe turned on some crime show, I don't know I'm not really paying attention to it. Her being next to me is actually a dream come true.
  "Why are you looking at me like that?" Bee questioned.
  "Because you're pretty to look at," I answered putting my arm around her shoulder. "Is that a problem?"
  "It's gonna be if you keep looking," she replied straddling my waist.
  "So you're gonna keep trying?"
  "Yup!" My hands slowly trailed down her back and onto her ass. She bit her lip taking my glasses off yet again.
  "Wouldn't want to break it," Phoebe whispered. I looked lovingly into her eyes before cupping her face to bring it close to mine.

   "I'm so glad you're mine," I mumbled against her lips before kissing her. Her hands made their way through my hair as mine made contact with the exposed skin of her lower back. Touching her was like touching silk, she's so soft. Like velvet.
  "We should... go to my room," Phoebe said in between kisses. As I battled my inner demons on whether I should seal the deal or not, I heard the lock of her door click then it opened.
  "Phoebe it smells amazing— Oh. I didn't know you had company." I look at Phoebe confused as to who the woman was at her door.
  "Is... is dad with you?" she asked.
  "Why are you just standing in the doorway? Bee Bee—" my eyes nearly popped out as her dad walked in.
  "Nathaniel?" Mr. Turner asked. Phoebe moved off of my lap quickly, I watched as she tried to come up with some story as to how we know each other.

   "Phoebe, I didn't know you had a boyfriend," her mom said. "And I didn't know your father knew him."
  "I wouldn't say I know him. I've worked with him," her dad answered. "I've only shown him, Phoebe, once."
  "It's not what it looks like," I said nervously.
  "So you didn't stalk my daughter after I showed you photos? Did you even tell her we've worked together?"
  "Yes he told me and we're not dating. We started talking first then after working with dad he realized," Phoebe interjected with her arms crossed. "What are you guys even doing here?"
  "We brought you dinner, but from the looks of it—"

   "Dad, please. I was gonna tell you guys about Nate, I was trying to figure out how."
  "How exactly did you two meet?" Mr. Turner questioned while squinting at me. I moved behind Phoebe just a little bit even though I know he can still see me.
  "Online. Social media. I thought he was cute so I sent him a message," she lied.
  "But you're not dating?" Mrs. Turner asked.
  "No, not yet at least," Phoebe answered. "We've been only talking for about seven months. Could you guys maybe call next time before you decide to come over unannounced?"
  "That was never an issue before," Mr. Turner huffed.
  "Well, it is now seeing that I'm involved with a man. I wouldn't want you guys to walk in on something inappropriate."

   Phoebe and her dad stared each other down before her mom basically dragged him out. Bee lets out a loud sigh and sits back down.
  "You wouldn't think I'm an adult with how they treat me," she groaned.
  "Why do they have a spare key?"
  "I was nineteen when I moved out so they always had a spare key to my place. I should've asked for it back."
  "It looked like you and your dad were about to fight," I said. She rested her head on my shoulder with a somber expression.

  "We've always butted head. He doesn't really like my lifestyle. My eldest sister is your age and she's married with two kids. He just wants me to be more modest and to settle down, but I like showing off my body it makes me feel good," she confessed. "And I certainly don't do it for male attention."
  "You're really confident. I bet men always tell you that you have an ego," I said while rubbing her thigh.
  "Yeah! Or they say 'You can't turn a hoe into a housewife.'"
  "Jokes on them, you're already my wife," I mentioned trying to make her feel better.

   She looked up at me with teary eyes but a smile remained on her face.
  "Am I a good wife?" Phoebe croaked.
  "The best damn wife on this planet," I answered with a hug.
  "I love you, Nate," she mumbled in my chest.
  "I love you too Phoebe."