chapter 34

A week passed and nothing was normal or to be peaceful. We were both avoiding each other like a plague and walking like ghosts in our own home. Specially Xander learned to avoid me. He woke up early and went early to work before even I woke up and he came late night after I have slept. Sometime I even wonder whether he came or not.  He also has asked Maria not to come .

Maybe he doesn't want other to dishonor his reputation talking about his strained relationship with his wife and believe me neither did i. Jess and me almost spend more than hours talking to each other and it's the only time I felt happy and smile ..she didn't know anything about Xander or my situation. coz I doesn't want to strain her knowing she has just started recovering fully.

These weeks were hell and I almost had nightmares. That the only time he came to my room and held me. But the moment I recovered he went as always without uttering a single word and my night would pass without any sleep after that.
But now lying on the bed I decided to talk to him. He didn't go to work today and I'm sure he would be awake now since its almost late evening. I need answers today . I need to realize what's between us. Is all the care and loving words he said is just a facade or did he meant it . Making my mind I lifted my body and went to the bathroom to take a long shower which surprisingly calmed my minds. I wore an baggy t-shirt and paired it with a sweatpants and went down .

There he stood in the kitchen drinking his coffee and scrolling his phone. He didn't give me an attention even though when I grabbed the stool and sat down. I fidgeted with my fingers not knowing how to start a conversation and all the bravery just flew away. He finished his coffee and turned to the sink to wash it.

Talk you damn...

He is going to go ....

Are you going to be ignored again...

No..no....

"Are you avoiding me?" Oh god where did it come from but it's ok because I got his attention. He didn't turn but his body stiffened.

"No" that's it a simple freaking answer and it made me to lose my nerves .

"Don't pretend and I'm not dumb.." My voice came out lace with anger and he turned  Cleary annoyed by me  . He took some steps forward .

" I said I didn't avoid you.. " he emphasized each word and turned to leave leaving me boiled . when he is about to go he turned .

"But my question is do you?" with that he vanished .

What is his problem?

Is I am the one avoiding him??

Maybe... you also never attempt to talk...

No.. He is the one avoided me..

But you are also wrong...

"Stop" I yelled and went towards his room wanting to make clear what he said. I opened the room and stepped inside. The room is getting dark and only the shade of sunset brightened the room mesmerizing his presence near the long glass window. His back faced me and I increased my pace and stop beside him. The whole new York seems to falling in for silent and the whole environment is glowing . I didn't want to stay silence despite the situation so I said looking at him.

"What did you say that I avoid you.. Can't you see you are avoiding me and you treat me like a plague. You are rude and annoying asshole. All the words you said at the hospital was fake and you didn't lov.." I shouted tears flowing but I couldn't finish the sentence because in a swift motion he grabbed my hand and pinned to the glass wall. I stood dumbstruck and his face remained so close. The scent of him started invading my senses and I inhaled it .

"Don't . Provoke. Me" he said and that's it I came to the senses . For a moment I forgot my reason to be in his room. I raised my head and his blue eyes now turned into a darker shade locked with mine. None of us said anything instead our eyes clashed fighting for dominance and for answers. I started falling in his eyes so I lowered my head and asked the one question that I dreaded to ask him.

"Are you disgusted at me?" I whispered fearing his answer and his body stiffened.

"That you doesn't even want to touch ..." I couldn't finish my sentence 'Coz he lifted my chin and his closed the distance between us.

I let out a gasp not expecting the kiss and he took the full advantage. I felt his tongue slip through my parted slips. He tasted like fresh mint and coffee. The kiss seemed to be inducing warm shivers across my arms to my legs and i felt my legs slipping . But he caught me and steadied me by putting his hand around my waist and pulling me closer. His other hand went to my neck and angled it deepening the kiss . The intensity seemed to be interesting and i felt feeling dizzy. just as i thought i would faint from holding my breath for too long he pulled away tugging at my bottom lip. He pressed his forehead against mine and only the rugged breaths of both can be heard.

The kiss isn't like the all other kiss we shared. This was full of passion and need. When I am  about to raise my head after calming my breaths his lips went to my neck and I flinched lightly not expecting the sudden contact. He trailed his lips along my collarbone and i shivered. I wanted to stop.and argue with him. But the intensity was too high where i couldnt speak without letting a moan. His lips went higher and stop just near my ear .

"Did you think that I would kiss you like this if I am disgusted with you .." He asked not seemed to be affected by any of this.

" did you? " he asked again biting my earlobe and i let out a moan.

"Did you??" He again asked and I wondered how could he talk like this. If it were me I could barely tell my name. He pressed his lips in the hollow of my neck and I realized he will not leave if I did t answer.

"N--no" it came more like a moan and he just pulled away . I didn't care to open my eyes instead I tried breathing.

He shifted from me and i felt suddenly cold losing all the warmth .

"I'm not disgusted at you nor I avoided you. You doesn't  know how hard for me to be away from you. when you had your nightmares I wanted to hold you all night but I thought you want ready for being so close.I feared that you would avoid me thinking about the time you were kidnapped and almost raped" he whispered the last word knowing how much it hurts to me to hear.

" I wasn't ready for your rejection so I just stayed away from you and none of the things were lie that I told you.." He finished speaking and a tear escaped my eyes. I took some steps towards him and hugged him from the back .

"I'm sorry..I was rude to you .." I said between my tears and he turned and hugged me . A comfortable silence prevailed and we both enjoyed the heat and warmth .

" I love you Rose.. " he whispered in my ears and I raised my head to see him and he is looking at me .

"I love you too .." I said and with that his lips hovered over mine in a delicious passionate kiss and I could do anything to make this  moment last long .. With that I kissed him back pouring out all my love .