I - New Home

Just a drawing of America and Russia being cute.

Russia stands back quietly, trying his best to ignore the over encompassing buzzing filling his head. He watches Dixie and America talking, America's hands waving around like he's explaining something.

Russia smiles faintly at the movements.

He can faintly hear the tones of their voices under the ringing, but can't understand the words no matter how much he strains his ears. He backs up to the patio wall and slides back into a lawn chair. He turns to stare out at the empty trees hanging over the worn walking path.

'Why did America invited me out here?'

'It's not as if I can understand what they're talking about.'

Russia sighs, watching the trees carefully. Bare branches sway in the wind, and he closes his eyes as the breeze caresses his cheeks.

'At least it isn't too cold out here.'

Then he hears a familiar voice under the static. Its volume swells and Russia turns and sees America laughing gleefully. Russia finds himself smiling widely. He catches America's eye, and America turns to him, giving him a gleeful grin.

Russia's heart flutters in his chest and he looks away. His cheeks grow warm. He moves his eyes back to the path surrounded by dead debris. It has a welcoming, but strange feeling to it. Russia examines it a little closer but doesn't see anything immediately off.

He makes a mental note to ask America later.

He sinks back, enjoying the sunlight on his face. He looks up at the sky, a huge, light blue expanse spotted with wisps of white.

He's brought back to the present by someone tapping his shoulder.

Russia's head whips around and America smiles down at him. Russia smiles back in response.

America hands him a written note, and it takes Russia a moment to decode the swirling script.

"I talked to Dixie. He says he's sorry for getting so loud and mad," the note reads, "and I was able to convince him that you make me happy, so he wants to start over with you. Is that okay?"

Russia glances up at America's hopeful expression.

'He's been an asshole...'

'But America wants us to get along.'

Ultimately, Russia nods, and America beams. Russia swallows back the nervous and jittery feelings in his chest. His cheeks grow hot and he smiles wide enough to make his cheeks sore.

Dixie walks up from behind America, a sheepish expression on his face. Russia looks over curiously as America briefly explains something to Dixie. Then Dixie looks up with a subdued smile. Russia offers an experimental look and Dixie laughs.

Then Russia finds himself pulled into a hug and lifted off the ground. He stiffens and Dixie picks him up like a plank of wood. He's released as suddenly as he was hugged and Dixie laughs, putting a hand on Russia's shoulder. Russia watches with wide eyes.

Dixie starts to say something before shaking his head, and an embarrassed look flashes across his face. Then Dixie begins signing.

"(Sorry I was fighting. T-R-U-C-E?)"

"(Yes,)" Russia signs with a nod.

Dixie grins before turning back to America, releasing Russia's shoulder. After a moment, America nods at Dixie before turning toward Russia with a mischievous grin.