9//the chase

//authors note//

TW: Drinking, sexual advances, and near death experience.
This chapter is a lil darker than the rest so I put *** before and after the destressing parts, so if you wish to skip over you can. 

-----

Light summoned for the check, you went to the bar for another drink.

***

1 shot for the father

1 for the son

1 for the holy spirt

and 1 for courage.

"whoa slow down there." light said from behind you a smile resting on his smug face.

"i have a high tolerance, come on lets get out of here." you said slinging your coat over your shoulder.

the two of you walked back to head quarters, the cod air stung your shoulders and painted your face rose. you were beyond numb at this point, between the shots and mental destress, a little cold brought feeling back to your fingers.

"welcome back" L spun around in his office chair eagerly awaiting your intel.

you didn't responded instead you flopped down onto the common area couch

"she's had some to drink."

"is that so" L made eye contact with you, asking if this was part of your plan.

"i was promised to meet god tonight" you said letting L know you got somewhere.

"in that case, maybe we should all have a little something, Light what do you think?"

"Ryuzaki i'm underage." light said dryly

"your two months away from being of legal drinking age, it's fine." L mumbled

"Fine one drink"

L brought over a couple beers and a bottle of tequila.

Light, was a light weight, to say the very least.

"Hey L... L.. Ella hahah Ella hand me 'nother" his speech slurred.

"Are you sure? It seems your a bit of a Light weight, so much so you might be allergic to alcohol, thought I didn't see that in your charts.." L said thoughtfully

"C'mon ELLA! I'm no light weight, It was your idea to drink in the first place." Light said raising and lowering his voice, grabbing another beer from L.

"Alright.." L shrugged

L took a sip from the tequila, Light took this as a challenge and began chugging his beer. L stared him in the eye and drank straight front the bottle. Total power move.

"Alright L come one your gonna give him alcohol poising." You said placing your hand on his shoulder. Light gasped for breath.

"We grew up in England, binge drinking is basically a sport."

"C'mon y/n" Light stood up defiantly, but stumbling back.

"I'll just take him upstairs, I'm sure he'll fall asleep right away." You whispered in L's direction. Light too focused on catching his balance.

"Let's go light" you said slinging his arm over your shoulders leading him up the stairs.

It was a struggle considering light was bigger than you and hammered. But eventually you tucked him into bed, on his stomach so if he throws up he won't choke and die, and you set out a glass of water and some Advil, he'll want that in the morning.