Chapter 20

A few weeks have passed and after a few more dates, Brando asked me to officially be is girlfriend. I was excited about it but not as excited as Abby. I swear she has already started planning our wedding. Haha. Crazy girl, but it has been fun listening to her as she tells me what she has planned. We have taken on other project at work, so I have not been in office as much as Clive had us working at another site. The project would, however, end today so I would be expected to go back to the office tomorrow, I so was not looking forward to that. When I got home, I spent the night watching movies with Abby. Brando was still at work, so I did not want to bother him. Not at the clingy girlfriend stage yet. Haha.

Today has already started crazy, first I woke up late, I had forgotten to set my alarm. Then I had a tough time getting a taxi. Abby was still sleeping so I could not even call her to get a drive. So, I ended up going to the train station. By the time I got to work I was late and of course you know who realized.

"Walking through the door like you own the place I see" My boss says with a snarl. What is wrong with this man.

"Sorry I am late" I say in a gentle voice trying to simmer down whatever was about to happen.

"I am tired of your excuses Keymoy, if you aren't absent, you are late, we don't pay you to be absent and late" He yells. I look at him in shock. We do not pay you to be late or absent. This is my first time being late and apart from the two times I was out; I have never been absent. How dare this man. This man who takes at least a week worth of sick leave every month. Who is only early when he wants to sleep before others came? This asshole. How dare him.

I walked to my desk not even acknowledging him, I sat down and started pulling up my station.

"I wasn't finish talking to you" He yells, I didn't even look up. Just continued to pull up my station so I could log in.

"Sir the longer she waits to log in the later she will be" Mike says

"She has no respect" My boss says. I have no respect. You have got to be kidding me. Was I the one yelling? No respect. I so wish I could kick his ass.

"Sir please calm down, you are making a scene" Mike says, he turns to Mike and glared at him and then looked around and realized that everyone was looking at him like he was crazy.

"All of you get back to work now" He said and stormed off to his office

"We will talk at lunch" Mike said with a sympathetic voice. I only nod.

My boss did not approach me again before lunch and I was grateful. Brando had called me and asked if he could take me to lunch. I asked him to switch it to dinner as I had to talk to my colleagues about an urgent matter at lunch. Although he agreed I could hear the disappointment in his voice. I was a little disappointed too as I have not really seen him all week due to him being busy at work, but I really needed to talk to Mike and Sarah.

We order our food and sit at a table and started talking about some work we were doing earlier before addressing the elephant.

"Can I ask what is up with you and boss man?" Mike asked.

"I honestly don't know" I say. "He just started getting weird towards me ever since I came back from my last hospital visit" I continued.

"Right, I remembered when you were out, he was really mad, we all thought it was weird but didn't think anything of it" Sarah says

"That's right" Mike chimes in.

"Maybe he just decided to show his dislike for me" I say

"That can't just be it though" Mike says, "as much as you think you are number one in his dislike book, you aren't, so if he was going off that theory you shouldn't be number one on his list." Mike continued. He was right. So, it was something deeper. We continued to eat until our lunch time was up and then went back to work. The day went by smoothly without Mr. Asshole attacking me again. Overtime was being offered but I decided I would skip that today as I am not in the mood to be verbally attacked again, the less time I spent here the better