Blush

Slowly, Nathalie opened her eyes. Her head ached and she felt dizzy. She rubbed her forehead, trying to make the pain go away.

She looked around and saw she was alone, no Gabriel, no adrien, just an empty dining room.

She peaked out the door to see Gabriel and Adrien arguing.

"Where's Nathalie dad I heard her coughing and I want to know if she's ok."

"She's fine stop worrying."

"But where is she."

Nathalie sighed and closed her eyes. If only she could tell Adrien about the miraculous, it would be such a relief to not have to hide it from him. But soon she wouldn't have to worry about cough attacks or Adrien. Once Gabriel made the wish everything would be back to normal and she could forget about all of this.

The shouting had just stopped when she heard a knock on the door, it was Gabriel. 

"Nathalie, I see your awake, are you ok?" She nodded, talking felt like a lot of effort

"I think its best if you stay the night. The cough attack you had in the lair seemed worse than usual"

Gabriel retreated to the guest bedroom where he tucked Nathalie into the bed: making sure she was warm.

Nathalie smiled a tired smile and shut her eyes, She felt exhausted

"Feel free to ask if you need anything." Gabriel gently shut the door

She squinted her eyes, trying to look at the wall clock "11:47" she muttered to herself. The head ache made it hard to sleep but after a while of looking around, aimlessly, she finally drifted off.

Beep. Beep. Nathalie slammed her hand onto the alarm clock. She sat up, rubbing her head, it still hurt from last night. Nathalie sat on the edge of the bed for a second before opening the curtains, it was a sunny day without any clouds in the sky.

She slipped on her suit and brushed her hair, putting it into a bun. As she turned into the hallway, she bumped in  her boss "Good morning" Gabriel had his hands behind his back

"Hello, sir." She rubbed her head lightly

"Are you ok?" He released his hands, reaching out and putting his hand on her arm, softly

"My head still hurts from last night" she lowered her voice so no one would hear "I was wondering if you had any paracetamol or something"

"We can sort that out in a second and it's only Adrien downstairs. Please don't worry about Adrien or work for today you can take a break you've earned it." 

Nathalie truly was rather grateful for the paracetamol and the day off. Once Gorilla left with Adrien it was just Gabriel and Nathalie together, on the sofa. Nathalie smiled, her head was feeling much better and she hadn't coughed all morning. Gabriel smiled warmly, making Nathalie's cheeks turned the shade of a cherry blossom.

"I was wondering what you thought of these designs?" Gabriel carefully pulled out a few loose papers from his pocket. Flicking through them one by one Gabriel asked more questions on how to improve his designs.

"I think the flowers on the skirt would look a better in cream or white rather than pink" Nathalie pointed at one of the designs

Gabriel chuckled "You have great fashion sense"

"Well, I have learned from the best" Nathalie tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear

To be continued ♡