Chapter 4: 3 Years Later...

Kayla and Jack have been dating for a while and Jack took time off from the guardians to be with Kayla and they moved in together. She had been a clown performer. She got hired because of her ears. One morning, when Kayla woke up, Jack wasn't in bed with her. She looked around for him, then smelled something delicious. She followed the smell to the kitchen where jack was having a problem with the microwave that came with the apartment. "Why wont you work?" He says as he bangs on it. It began to work. Kayla giggled as she watched. "Microwave problems again?" Jack turned around and chuckled nervously. 

"Heh

"Heh...Yeah...we need to buy a new one. Anyway, come to the table. I made you something." he said as he gestured to the table. Once Kayla sat, he put a plate in front of her. "It's my famous new breakfast sandwich; Sausage, egg, ham and cheese, and a hashbrown inside the egg on a nice roasted pair of croissant buns." He told her. 

when Kayla took her first bite, it was incredible

when Kayla took her first bite, it was incredible. Jack could see that his Kaybear loved it and kissed her cheek. "what should we do today?" Kayla asked. "That's your choice to make." he said as he goes behind her and wraps his arms around her waist. She smiles and leans on Jack. He smiles and laces their fingers together. "Can I ask you something?.... Something important?" Kayla nods "Anything." He puts his chin on her shoulder gently. "Would you, I don't know..have a family with me someday? Maybe in a few years...?" "I'd love to jack. We'd be the perfect family." Kayla answers him. "I love you." he says as he kisses her shoulder blade, nuzzles her, and rubs her ears. "I'm so happy we're together." Kayla winces a bit from what happened at work yesterday. "You ok? What's wrong?" Jack asks in worry. "Some people attacked me while I was working yesterday..."