Chapter 6: A special night

Jack held Kayla close as he remembered that day. "Oh, baby...I'm so sorry. What do you REALLY wanna do? I'm sure can do it." he said with a comforting smile. "I know but there's no other job that will hire me...and I took the job so I could help with the rend, groceries, and all our other stuff.." Kayla said as she leaned on Jack. "whatever happens, we'll have each other...That's all I care about." Jack paused then he smiled as he's had something special for his Kaybear.

" Jack paused then he smiled as he's had something special for his Kaybear

"Cmon I have a surprise for you. put on something cute and meet me in a car." Jack said with a cute smile. Kayla gets dressed and then goes to the car. She wore a beautiful dress. "Wow you look beautiful." jack said as he hugged her. They both went in the car and kayla closed her eyes because it was a surprise. When they got there Jack helped kayla out and walked her to a warm sandy surface. When she opened her eyes, she saw jack on his knee in front of her on a beautiful beach. He was holding her hand and he asked; "Will you marry me, Kayla?" Kayla teared up in joy "Yes!! yes, I will marry you!!" she said in pure joy. Jack put the ring on her finger and kissed her deeply as he laid her down on a mat and then joined her. He stroked her cheek very lovingly.

Jack and kayla stare at the starry sky

Jack and kayla stare at the starry sky. "What if I told you I was gonna do training for a police officer? what would you say?" Jack asks as he holds kayla closer. "That's great, baby. You'd be a great officer," she replied. "Really...well I need you to promise me something. you have to stop being a clown and follow your heart." jack said with a smile. "I promise I'll quit as soon as I can and find a new job. Hopefully, someone will hire me." she sighed. Jack smiled brightly. 

"I know they will

"I know they will. Because a woman named jill wants to meet you in a few days for a lead role in singing." Kayla's eyes widened after jack said that. She couldn't believe what she heard. He handed her jill's audition area number and his phone. "Call and ask for yourself." she took his phone and called. A nice woman's voice answered "Hello, this is jill Edgars. How may I help you?" Kayla took a deep breath and said; "Hi, I'm Kayla Cutebear. My fiance, Jack Frost, said that you wanted me in a few days for an audition?" she asked nervously. "Yes, it is. Does noon sound good?" Kayla agreed. "Great! My auditions are located at the corner of Maple and Elm street. It's a big red building. see you then." she said happily then she and kayla hung up. Jack looked at his very happy fiance with the cutest smile because he loves seeing her very happy.

 Jack looked at his very happy fiance with the cutest smile because he loves seeing her very happy

"what did she say?" he asked. "She wants to meet me in a few days at noon," Kayla answered as she handed jack his phone back. He smiles and kisses her, softly holding her chin. "Cmon let's go home." jack said after the kiss. They went into the car and went home.

The next day, Kayla gets a phone call from the boss of her current job and is NOT happy.