Chapter 1: Calm Before The Storm

A frigid Monday morning wakes up the Upper East Side in December of 2018. The crisp, frosty air surrounds the atmosphere as a sign that winter is on its way. Cases of the Mondays are rapidly increasing. Especially the 7th grade class at the Queen School, who had a blast while partying it up at their first bar mitzvah of the year on Saturday, but now are slowly coming back to reality, and emerging from their cozy beds to get ready for school.

"BEEP! BEEP!" The alarm yells for its owner to wake up at 6:30am. "Ughhh! *frustratedly shoves pillow in face*" Lilly taunts her alarm clock, and proceeds to get out of bed to open the curtains for natural, early morning lighting. From there, she walks over to her closet where she throws on her basic, everyday school uniform (navy pleated skirt, white polo shirt with a Brandy Melville crewneck sweatshirt over top, and Nike Air Force 1s), and after, she goes into her bathroom to brush her hair, brush her teeth, do light makeup, put jewelry on, etc. Then, she gathers all of her school necessities together and heads downstairs.

"Good morning, sweetie" Lilly's mom says as Lilly enters the kitchen. "*still somewhat tired* Good morning, mom" she replies. "Never expected you to be downstairs this early" "Yeah, well, sometimes I am" Lilly then takes a seat at the island, eats the Nutella waffle her mom prepares for her almost every morning, and goes on her phone. After breakfast, Lilly grabs her backpack and goes down to the lobby where she waits for her limo driver to arrive to escort her and her best friend, Julia. "Bye mom! I'm off to school!" Lilly says to her mom as she is heading out the door. "Bye Lil! See you later! Love you!" "Love you too!"

In the lobby, Lilly waits patiently for Julia. Five minutes later, Julia comes out of the elevator and the two girls wave awkwardly at each other and then go in for a hug because that is just what their friendship is like. Soon after, they both go outside, get into the limo, and head to school.

When Lilly and Julia arrive at school, it is 7:45am. Which means they have some time to kill before they have to be in advisory at 8:00am. So, the two find their three other friends (Charlie, Lola, and Jamie) and conversate with them. 15 minutes pass and everyone goes off to advisory for attendance, but luckily, the friends' advisories are all very close to each other in distance. After advisory is when class starts, so everyone scurries off to their classes.

It is now 10:05am. Two classes into the day, but first, it is break time. During break, Lilly and her friends usually find an empty classroom of a favorite teacher and play games. Today, they decided to play card games.

Turns out, they were all so invested in the games, they lost track of time and it was 10:30am. So, they cleaned up and gathered the materials needed for their next classes.