chapter 6.4

For months on end, you've been the recipient of her constant torment. It not only affected your mental health, but almost cost you the relationship of a lifetime. This whole time, you've been afraid of her words, letting them eat away at your dignity from inside out until you were nearly gone.

But if you had the weapon of confidence - if you had simply chosen to stand up and reply, to say 'no, you're wrong', her arrows would have fallen limp to the ground and she couldn't have hurt you. Hurt your friend.

You open your eyes, this time staring back hard. Hillary's expression is unfazed, but you imagine she's surprised at your change in mentality.

"Tell me everything," you demand firmly.

Hillary scoffs, as if the situation is amusing.

"Fuck you, tell us everything," Ten hisses.

Hillary rolls her eyes. "Fine. Only because she wouldn't want me to be mean to you, Ten".

"Who?," you ask rigidly.

"I'll get to that, bitch," she sneers.

"Hey, don't call her that," Mark warns.

The psychopath in orange laughs maniacally, though you can't place your finger on what she finds funny.

"Funny," she gasps for breath, slapping her knees vigorously, "funny how now you talk to me!".

"She's nuts," Yuna states.

"The whole damn Planters factory," you agree.

"You people wouldn't know a thing!," Hillary fires, pointing an accusing finger around the room. Her face is red from her laughing fit, almost as red as her disgruntled bangs. Eyes now glistening with rage, you press back into Mark's embrace when her personality flips 180 degrees in under a second. "You don't know anything!," she screams, "You don't know! You don't know!".

The four of you watch in shock as Hillary melts down, the guard coming up and restraining her to the chair. She's thrashing around, chanting the phrase over and over again.

"You'll never know how much I love you, Mark," Hillary shrieks, smiling hauntingly as she's forced back into the chair and cuffed to it, "and you'll never know how much she loves you, Ten".

"What the fuck?," Ten rightfully shouts.

"Tell us who!," you raise your voice.

"I'm getting there, b-," she stops in the middle of the slur, glancing at your boyfriend. In the blink of an eye, her expression jumps from pure disdain to sickly sweet, "baby".

Anger flushes through your body. Wanting to provoke her a little, you turn your gaze to your boyfriend. Predictably, he immediately turns his full attention to you. A scrunch of his brow asks you if you're okay.

"Did you enjoy them?," Hillary's voice is 'normal' again as she asks the out-of-context question.

"What?," Ten pries, unamused.

"Did you," she points her finger directly at you, "enjoy my messages?".

Oh boy, oh boy. I was waiting for you to ask that.

The words rush to your mouth, every comeback you've ever made manifesting into the pinnacle of all comebacks, "As a matter of fact, I did," you smile brightly, "I especially enjoyed the one's where you said Mark doesn't love me and doesn't want me. I like to think of the irony of it all when we're sleeping together and he gives me these".

You tug down the collar of your hoodie (that's actually his which makes it even better) to reveal the hickies blooming down your neck. "If only you could know how good it feels, but you're undoubtedly alone".