6. curse that bird and me

It's not like I'm now used to everything weird that the mansion and the inhabitants were shedding me, but I'm not that surprised anymore when things got into some craps. So I think that's progress. 

Besides, this is not actually the first time I encountered weird and dark creatures because Papu was actually a Paranormal Tour Guide. But anyway, let me just focus on my paperwork for tonight so I can go back to sleep. 

Well, I'm still staying at Zayde's room but I guess he's right when he said this is the safest place for me to dwell. Especially when this entire mansion seems to literally suck the life out of me the moment I first stepped my feet inside. 

Good thing though, aside from a talking crow and a foreign speaking butler, there were no other weird craps that could actually creep me out, like crying voices in the restroom or some unknown shadows or footsteps from the corridors and other crap. 

"But wait! If Alastor can actually talk, then why didn't he say anything the first time we met?"

I couldn't help but ask, the moment Leaflet put the tray of my midnight snacks on the vintage table. And as usual, it made him jolted and darted me with an innocent look.

"A-ano po?"   

"I asked, if that crow has the ability to talk eversince, then why didn't he utter even a single word when we first encountered each other?" 

"U-uhm, snob ho kasi talaga siya kapag first meeting palang, kaya ganoon. Hehe." 

Napataas ang kilay ko dahil doon at hindi na napigilang mapasinghal sabay sandal sa kinauupuan. 

"The audacity of that bird. Kung hindi pa umuuwi si Zayde kada umaga baka na tuka na niya ang eyeballs ko," maktol ko pa habang pumitas ng goji berries mula sa platito na inilagay ni Loki. 

Pero agad din namang napakurap kurap nang mapagtanto ang isang bagay. 

"Speaking of Zayde, why are you serving me here instead of driving him towards his graveyard shift?" Tinaasan ko ito ng isang kilay, dahilan upang mapaatras ito't mapalunok ng laway. 

"A-ano po kasi, sabi ni Master... ano.... kaya naman daw po niyang pumunta ng morgue ng mag isa, kaya i-prioritize ko nalang daw po kayo at ang mga kailangan niyo," nakatungong saad niya at ni hindi parin ako magawang tignan sa mga mata. 

With that, I ended up nodding and let him go. The following days seem to be no different still, I gotta go to school in the morning and write a one piece every night before going to bed. Working here was way more comfortable than I expected since Zayde was actually doing everything to accommodate me. He even sang me a song during the full moon and invited me for wine and craps. Sometimes I even felt like I'm actually the Boss and even Lord Serenade himself was just my mere servant.  

But of course that's hella strange because as far as horror movie tropes made me realize, supernatural creatures were usually kind to a certain human at first so they can somewhat harm them in the end. Like maybe Zayde really wanted to lock me here forever or some creepy shits like making me a vessel so his deceased wife can possess my body and they'll live happily ever after. Ni hindi ko nga alam kung nanghaharana ba siya no'ng panahong 'yon o inaalay na ang kaluluwa ko sa kadiliman. 

Wait.

My forehead creased as a realization hitted my mind that I'm not actually that sure if his wife was dead, or if the girl on the painting was really his wife to begin with, since Alastor shooed me away. 

Besides, Leaflet wasn't answering my question about it either, he'd just ran away from me whenever he had the chance and hid at Damon's back. And of course, I still couldn't understand what he's saying and Alastor is strict and a freaking snobber. He did not even bother to talk to me again, ended up for me to realize that I gotta discover things on my own.