4. godfuckingdammit

I woke up in a huge bed with its everything-black features. The cushion has an addictive smell, making it harder for me to gather myself and stand up. So there, I ended up rolling over and hugging the comfy pillow beside me. I was even close to entering my nightmare wonderland again if it wasn't for the glimpse of a freaking crow right at the darkish bedside table! 

"What in the name of hot sauce!" I muttered and immediately crawled away from it. Ended up for me to sit down on the edge of the bed, while having a staring contest on the huge crow with red eyes. 

The creature didn't even flinch and just continuously darted me a death glare. Leaving me to raise my hand and tried shooing it away. However, my hand was stuck mid-air upon realizing the most important part— I'm not in my room. 

My eyes widened as the flashbacks of everything that happened before passing out came back to my senses. The wise skull-mask wearing guy, the bashful and petite driver who can or cannot read minds, the seemingly strict butler who spoke foreign language that may or may not have the ability to summon underworld freaks. And lastly, the spiteful reality that I'm currently inside one of the mansion's rooms!

"Oh, you're awake." 

It seems like I ran out of blood upon hearing the familiar voice from behind. Slowly, I titled my body towards his direction and that's when I saw the Serenade guy standing there with his signature outfit, just subtracting the black cloak. 

Wait, his black cloak? Why do I feel like I've seen where it was earlier? 

As soon as it dawned on me, I immediately checked the king size bed and that's where I saw the crow who's now on the top of the cloak. Wait wait wait! 

My mouth couldn't help but to let out a gasp upon witnessing how the huge bird carried the cloth using his claws. Its massive wings created sound as it flew the extra miles between him and Mister Serenade. Basically handing him the cloak like he was damn made to serve the guy!

"Thank you, Alastor," kaswal pa nitong sambit, dahilan upang agad akong mapa atras. 

Because on top of it all, a realization hitted my mind. Did the fabric I rolled myself into, hugged and even sniffed to my heart's contentment was his... cloak? 

Oh godfuckingdammit!

"You're probably a witch!" Dinuro ko ito ngunit bahagya lang siyang natawa dahil doon saka humakbang papalapit. 

"Cool, after accusing me for being an engkanto, now I'm promoted to being a sorcerer now?" 

"Then what the hell are you?" bulalas ko at imbis na magpatinag ay tumayo nalang din ko sa pagkaka upo sa kama at hinarap ito. Dude, my fishnet stockings and pretty black dress won't allow me to look that pathetic so nevermind. I gotta set my boundaries too!

In an instant, a smile I can not fathom the intent, was painted into his lips. But never did I flinch. Even when he utters the phrases that normal people might react differently. 

"You can call me a God. Lord Serenade, that's it." 

"Oh, so are you really that old to be called like that? But your servants call you Master," I said with crossed arms. 

Although, nakapatong sa kaliwang balikat niya 'yong uwak, mas pinili ko nalang na ituon ang atensyon sa lalakeng ito lalo na sa bahagya niyang pagkatawa sa sinabi ko. 

"But you are not a servant of this household. You are my official ghostwriter. Therefore, you, Miss Naenia Lovercraft, are my personal property. So call me your Lord." 

"Eww," I responded without hesitation. I did not even bother to hide how I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out. But instead of being mad, he just chucked and shook off his head.