3. unfolding the pages

"I can't believe you just sold me."

"I didn't!"

"Yes you did! Hindi mo ako mahal!"

"Hindi naman talaga! But that's not the issue here. The point is, what I did was for your own good!" 

I gasped and darted him a death glare, not minding the fact we're currently pacing one of the hospital's hallways. I was even about to shower him with my sentiments but he immediately interrupted it by his pointing fingers on my lips. 

"Chill okay, you just have to write a book for him. That's it. I even made a thirty pages rules for the contract and it includes your human rights so don't worry. Sa amin ka pa rin naman uuwi pagkatapos," pagpapakalma niya pero mas lalo ko lang akong napasinghal. 

Gah! Why am I even related to this guy? 

Matapos makapagpaalam kay Papu at mag impake ng kaunti, tahimik na akong nag antay sa labas ng bahay para sa susundo daw sa akin.  Iyon kasi ang sabi ng hayop na Mister Serenade kuno. Binigyan niya nga lang ako ng isang araw na palugit para masulit ko pa ang kalayaan ko. 

Like why the hellcrap did I end up this way? I know I'm not a good person and I deserve every misfortune that life has to offer, but what the flying fuck? Seriously? A cunning supernatural creature with a horned skull for a mask? Bruh, if the universe wanted to punish me, they should have sent a sexy vampire instead. 

A sigh made its way to my mouth. I couldn't even do anything but to stare at the empty street, as the flickering lights from the nearest lamppost became my only ally. With the breeze of October night lingering through my nose and the howls of the dogs from our neighborhood, I successfully distracted myself from this mad woman beside me. She was in her all-black attire with a heavy goth make up again. And hell, she's been smiling ear to ear since she barged right into our house.

"Rogue, can you at least stop scaring the dogs," I blurted out. But well, it just made her laugh harder. 

What a supportive childhood friend. And oh, note to sarcasm. 

So basically, this is what I get when my cousin said he's busy on the hospital so he'll let his buddy accompany me for my departure. I ended up rolling my eyes and played with my back pack's straps instead, but that's just when Rogue playfully pulled me into a hug. 

"Ito naman, napaka sungit. Masaya lang naman ako dahil sawakas, may lalake nang matapang na humarap kay Briar upang hingin ang kamay mo." 

Napasinghal ako. "I'm just going to be that bastard's ghostwriter. Stop making it sound as if I'm gonna marry him or something. That's so gross." 

She pulled away from the embrace and plasted a sinister smile on her pale face again. 

"Who knows? Maybe that creature was really the one you'll end up with? Kita mo, ibanahay ka niya, may taga hatid at sundo pa tapos may bayad. Signs na 'yon. Para ka lang magpa-practice na maging asawa niya tapos dadalhin ka talaga niya sa mundo niya—" Before she finished her horrible litany, I immediately shove my palm towards her mouth! 

"Shut up! I love you but I hate your words! I mean, you're really shipping me with a non-human species? And the worst part, you're seriously talking about marriage?"

Rogue shrugged off her shoulders. "Well, you started the marriage thingy, but what if you're really going to start a family with hi—" 

 "Biatch, I have a dream, and it doesn't include being a wife nor being a mother. So cut the crap," I said with gritting teeth. Tinalikuran ko narin siya pagkatapos no'n pero sinuyo suyo lang ako ng mokong.